Grand Californian booking at 7 mos

I will accept any flames that come my way. The wife really wanted to stay at VGC last summer, I knew it would be hard to get. So I started to keep an eye for a openings from about 3 weeks out. The first chance I had I booked, that was about 2 weeks out. Walked 7 nights right to the dates we needed. I know at anytime an owner could have jumped in and I would be **** out of luck. But it worked out and we landed 7 nights at the end of summer in a studio. What a great time, location and park. If I could afford to fly out every year we would, but that is why we own at WDW, we drive there.

Timing and luck are needed! I was able to get a VGC Studio for 3 nights in May 2019 at the 7-month mark by clicking right at 8am. I guess I got lucky.

We have friends going in April for a few days and were going for a week in May on 7mo out points so it can be done. I imagine its much worse now with Galaxys edge

To add a data point here:

I got nervous over Easter break and rented points from an owner at 7.5 months and it was wide open. I needed one more night so I couldn't walk. I got on at 8am at 7 months and it was fine, the room was open for about 2 hours before it filled up. Then later it opened up again as 7 mo walkers walked past. At least for this year, it looked like if you couldn't get it at 7mo exactly, if you wait listed it, you stood a pretty good chance the room would open up shortly afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter