Grand Californian 1 bedroom

princessarielle

Red Heads Rock!!
I was looking at the layout for the 1 bedroom at GC and in the description it says there is a bunk size pull down bed. I can't seem to see it on the floor plan. Any clue where it is??

Also, if I can book a 1 bedroom and have friends stay with me how much would you charge them??? Normally I wouldn't care but it's going to eat up a ton of points for me to do it.

Thanks!

It is a Murphy Bed style that comes out of the entertainment center.

No idea on the second question.

I never charge friends. I supply the room, they supply their own transportation if we fly, or pay on gas if we drive, and they pay for their park passes, meals and souvenirs.

Sometimes they treat me to a meal to say thank you.

]I was looking at the layout for the 1 bedroom at GC and in the description it says there is a bunk size pull down bed. I can't seem to see it on the floor plan. Any clue where it is??[/B]

I just found a way to make the bed a wee bit longer for the "taller" guest!:idea: Take the "end single size" bench from the dining area and place at either end of the pulled out murphy bed! We acutally did this last stay for my 6 foot 15 year old son who was too lazy to get our queen size air matress out for just 1 night! :sad2: At least he WAS able to extend his size "13" feet out for a while! Probably not an ideal way to sleep if more than a few nights but he thought it was better than the floor!:rolleyes: We have another night stay mid February so I'll let you know how it goes!:thumbsup2

Also, if I can book a 1 bedroom and have friends stay with me how much would you charge them??? Normally I wouldn't care but it's going to eat up a ton of points for me to do it.
Thanks![/
QUOTE]

Depending on how long you stay how about asking to cover a few nice meals?
We have yet to ask anyone who joins us for the price of the room ONLY that they provide their own park tickets & share in paying for some meals! :)

It's a sideways Murphy bed, and its surprisingly difficult to find pictures:

disney-s-grand-californian.jpg

(From trip advisor)

As you can tell, it is not ideal for watching TV in bed.

As far as what to ask them to compensate you for ... my formula if I'm using more points than I would if I traveled without friends is: Points I will be using with them minus points I'd be using without them, take that number, and figure out what your MF's are for that year (roughly) on those points. Alternately, if you have to transfer in points, the cost of transferring in those extras.

We're spoiled now and would get the 1 bedroom with or without more than my family, so I'm only going to be asking for the difference between a 1 and 2 bedroom in the future.

The murphy in the VGC one bedroom is pretty nice, very neat and easy to store during the day (less hassle than the sleeper chair since you don't have to rearrange cushions). My friends tell me its comfy, too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter