• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Adventures in Cooking?

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
I would appreciate any opinions about the Grand Adventures in Cooking experience for kids. My DD, who will be almost 8 when we go, is wondering about it. She has done Alice's Wonderland Tea Party and enjoyed that. She is an only child and is mostly nervous about not knowing anyone (seems like a lot of children come in pairs).

Alternatively, we'd look at the Pirate Cruise (there seems to be more postings about that). But I'm a little nervous about her being off on a boat.

Thanks for your help.

Sandi, you might want to do a search over on the resorts board. There are quite a few posts over there about the Grand Adventures in Cooking and the Pirate Cruise. My DD is signed up for both during our November visit. They both sound like tons of fun. I wish I could go.

Thank you for the suggestion Carrie. When I posted, the "search" function wasn't working and I took a guess on which forum might have stuff. I'll go check the Resorts board now.

My DU agent suggested a spa treatment for myself while DD is cooking. That sounds tempting! Hope you enjoy your trip.

My dd did the Great Adventures of Cooking when we were there in June. She is 5 and she enjoyed it. She went by herself and did just fine. We were actually late, but it all worked out. I think that if it is just her she will do fine because it is a hands on activity that will bring the kids together. My dd is definitely not shy, but she is reserve in that she will hold back and feel things out before she lets others get to know her. If you dd did fine with the tea party, she will do just fine with the cooking. Just make sure you are waiting for her where they tell youto go so that you can sample what they made - I think that was dd's favorite part. Have fun ;)

Sandi, I always forget that the search function is frequently disabled.

The spa treatment sounds like a great idea. Maybe my mom and I could sign up for something while DD is busy cooking.

I can't wait to see what she ends up making that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter