Which Resort?

• All Star Music- Extra Day- Save $300

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Gran Destino- New Hotel

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

CalSea12

Desperately needs a dose of the magic!
Ok so I need some advice... I have two options... seeing what yall think.. which would you pick?

Dec 23-31
Gran Destino Cost= 7300 Flights are 1700

OR

Dec 23-Jan 1
All Star Music Cost=6590 Flights are 2100

So I guess it really comes down to one extra day and savings of 300 or one less day but stay at Gran Destino

What would you do?

For me, personally, it's not even a competition. Apples and oranges. And it seems either way you're getting a nice, long trip, so I don't feel like one day would be a game changer? If I can get a (brand new) Moderate for (basically) the same price as a Value.. I'm taking that option every time.. even if it means one less day. I don't personally care for the All Star resorts. And I've been following the coverage for Gran Destino and it looks incredible. Hope you have a great time either way!

For those dates, I would actually re-price the trip for resorts that have better transportation access - gondola, walking, monorail, boat, etc. Everything at WDW, including roads, will be jam-packed during that timeframe. If those are really the only two choices, I would vote for Gran Destino.

For those dates, I would actually re-price the trip for resorts that have better transportation access - gondola, walking, monorail, boat, etc. Everything at WDW, including roads, will be jam-packed during that timeframe. If those are really the only two choices, I would vote for Gran Destino.
What other resort would you suggest in that price area?

Have you applied the new discounts that just came out. That price seems high with a discount.

I might be in the minority but I’d always choose an extra day at Disney and you get to save money doing it too. Like others mentioned I would see if you have any other options instead of all star music like pop or all star movies (since it’s being renovated).

Can you go from the 24th to the 1st at Gran Destino? New Years Eve at Disney! I think the tower would be a much better experience, but NYE would be hard to give up.

Last edited:

What is the makeup of your party? Personally I wouldn’t pick all Star music until it’s renovated, especially if you’re a group of three or more.

I’m assuming that’s the free dining promotion and that price includes tickets.
I think you'd benefit from some of this promo:
Stay in the middle of the magic with this great room offer—and stay close to all that's festive and fun at Walt Disney World Resort this fall and holiday season!
Save up to 20% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels in late 2019.
  • Book through September 29, 2019 for stays most nights September 1 through September 28, 2019; and for stays most Sunday through Thursday nights September 29 through November 7, 2019.
  • Book through December 24, 2019 for stays most nights November 10, 2019 through December 24, 2019.
It's worth a look.

What is the makeup of your party? Personally I wouldn’t pick all Star music until it’s renovated, especially if you’re a group of three or more.
I really do want POP but POP is gone... I will keep looking for POP to see if anything opens.. but with my dates I doubt it

I'm assuming that Gran Destino is the last bus stop at Coronado since before the lobby was and sometimes by the time bus got the lobby it was filled, which with that I'd say stay at All Star for the extra day and the one bus stop since you're going at a busy time. I'm really conflicted since I prefer the moderates over the values but ringing the new year at Disney sounds like so much fun to me.

I really do want POP but POP is gone... I will keep looking for POP to see if anything opens.. but with my dates I doubt it
I see a Pop preferred under the fd promotion for the dates Dec. 23 - Jan. 1st. I’d jump on that.

Edited to add....I only see this room availability when I’m in the Canadian setting. When I switch to US, there is no availability.

Last edited:
I know this isn't what you asked, but....

How about Gran Destino for the extra night with the regular dining plan (1 TS, 1 QS)? I think the dining plan difference is around $112 for 2 adults and 2 kids. That is probably enough to cover the extra night in the tower and pay for an extra TS meal or two out of pocket.

I don't know your dining plans, but I can assure you that the Deluxe Dining Plan is A LOT of dining. Not trying to talk you out of something you may really want, but you could get the best of both worlds.

I agree. I would drop the Deluxe dining down to the regular dining plan. For most people, the regular dining plan works great! As others have said, with deluxe dining you will need to eat three table service meals a day to get your money's worth and that will be a lot of time spent just going to and eating instead of enjoying the parks or pool.

I would drop the deluxe dining.

Personally for us every restaurant we would want to eat dinner in is a 2 credit meal. So possibly they are the same way? They would be drastically short on credits with the normal plan then.

Jiko, Le Cellier, Cali Grill, Flying Fish, Morimoto, Paddlefish, Hoop De Doo

Then you add in they might want to hit character breakfast/lunch and I could see why they want it.

So I guess it really comes down to one extra day and savings of 300 or one less day but stay at Gran Destino

Isn't it 1 day less AND $300 more for Gran Destino?

Also if you were to drop 1 day at All Stars for the cheaper flights it would be more like $1400 less. I would not pay $1400 more for a moderate resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter