GRADUATION CELEBRATION!

Dirlam5

Earning My Ears
GRADUATION TRIP! My first pre-trip post so sorry in advance for the length.

The Who: Angela, Holland..and sometimes Remy. Koi makes a brief appearance on the drive.

When my oldest daughter Remy graduated high school in 2016 we started a tradition of going on a Mother/Daughter only trip, leaving DH and sisters at home. We went on a week long cruise (which was amazing) and I planned on doing the same with the other two girls when their time came. Of course now with Covid a cruise ship is prob the last place I want to be just in case anyone gets sick. So I asked my middle daughter Holland, who is graduating this May, what she wanted to do instead..of course she said DISNEY!

The Dates: May 28-June 11

DH asked if the two of us were planning to go live in Orlando since its twice as long as we were first planning on going. And trust me, I have heard from my oldest on this as well. I explained to her that with each daughter that leaves the nest I can afford to do more for the next one. Youngest daughter Koi, 12, is now planning on taking a month to visit every Pokemon/anime attraction in Japan for when its her turn :rotfl2:. She already started a Pinterest board and budget...lord help me!

The Lodging: Offsite Airbnb condo (Cost - $1600)

It has 3b/2.5ba and a private jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was a MUST for me. Last October my heathens dragged me to US/IOA for 8 days. Just me and all 3 girls. I thought my legs were going to fall off after they kept me at the parks from open until close every freaking day. I will not go into the horrors of the day they took me to the parks at opening then we stayed for HHN until 2am. I NEED that jacuzzi to recover daily! Also, the pricing was so much cheaper than staying onsite.

The Attractions -
  • 8d/2Ad WDW tickets w/Memory Maker (Cost - $1335). Park reservations are made!
  • US/IOA tickets (Cost - $0. Still have our annual passes from last year)

Our itinerary so far:
  • 5/28 - Leave Ga 7am with the 2 girls. Yes we are driving since its only a 7hr trip and I have a van lol. Drop youngest in Daytona at noon to stay with her grandparents while we are gone. Go to lunch w friends who live there then meet my oldest at the condo at 4pm. She lives in Tampa and is staying until Tuesday AM with us before she has to go back home.
  • 5/29 - US/IOA w Remy
  • 5/30 - US/IOA w Remy, going out to dinner with girls since this is also my birthday. I still need to decide where.
  • 5/31 - Disney MK
  • 6/1 - Disney HS
  • 6/2 - Rest Day! Going to Medieval Times for dinner at 5pm. Purchased the Queens package (Cost - $170)
  • 6/3 - Disney AK
  • 6/4 - Disney Epcot
  • 6/5 - Disney MK
  • 6/6 - Disney HS
  • 6/7 - Rest Day! Disney Springs then going to Melting Pot for dinner (Cost - $125)
  • 6/8 - Disney MK
  • 6/9 - US/IOA
  • 6/10 - Disney MK
  • 6/11 - Leaving for home 7am, remember to pick youngest up in Daytona on way lol.

I have more MK days planned then any other, not sure if I need to change to another park, but I know MK seems to sell out first.

We have NO dining reservations at WDW planned, character meals are not our thing at this age. Any recommendations on quick service or must try meals/snacks are appreciated! We learned last year on vaca that Holly and I tend to share a meal since we never finish our own. We don't drink soda so plan to take our water bottles with us. We will eat breakfast at the condo and might even pack a lunch on some days to leave either in the van or in a locker.

I don't think we need Genie plus since we are going for so many days.

So far that is it, I feel like I am forgetting something but not sure what lol.

Reactions: DLo
Following along . Looking forward to reading more. I am from Georgia also and drive to WDW when we go .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter