Grad nite questions

kalliyan1

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me in your experience how grad nites affect the overall crowd level/experience in the parks?
We are WDW vets and there are periods throughout the year similar to this where some really have no impact and others, you just don’t go to the parks during that time.
We were able to get one of the reservations to SWGE and we will only have 2 days for the parks, June 7 & 8 and but I just don’t know.
We will have our SWGE opening in the fall that we can go to whenever, but my son, who is the biggest SW fan lives in New Mexico and we are trying to work these couple of days in for him. I don’t know if it makes sense and if we would be able to accomplish much with the increased crowd levels for SW, grad nites, its the weekend, etc.
One plus as I see it is you have the “old” FP system still in place vs the way WDW does it(we HATE IT) and we would plan to get the FP max.
Just looking for thoughts and recommendations from you experienced DL goers :)
Thanks so much!

You fill find a range of opinions on this. Some are in the camp of "We barely noticed the grads" to "the grads really impacted our trip - never again".

This may help: "The Scoop on Grad Nights at DLR in May and June" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2298400

I think focusing on entertainment offerings on grad nights is a good strategy, and also focusing on the opposite park from the grads (DL in 2019).

For more on FP/MP see:

"Comparing DLR's MaxPass to WDW's FastPass+" - https://www.disboards.com/threads/comparing-dlrs-maxpass-to-wdws-fastpass.3726294/
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/

:wizard:

You fill find a range of opinions on this. Some are in the camp of "We barely noticed the grads" to "the grads really impacted our trip - never again".

This may help: "The Scoop on Grad Nights at DLR in May and June" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2298400

I think focusing on entertainment offerings on grad nights is a good strategy, and also focusing on the opposite park from the grads (DL in 2019).

For more on FP/MP see:

"Comparing DLR's MaxPass to WDW's FastPass+" - https://www.disboards.com/threads/comparing-dlrs-maxpass-to-wdws-fastpass.3726294/
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/

:wizard:
Thank you

I've been there on vacation AND as a chaperone, most of the kids are well behaved.
Things to remember....they have a Park Hopper, BUT they have to report to DCA no later than 10 pm, so they'll probably be in DL most of whichever day is a Grad Nite day. In my Opinion, they may not be savvy enough to know how to reserve a time for SWGE on their phones, unless their mother or father helps them...so they'll have to make the trek AFTER they arrive to get a paper FP. So that will help you in reserving your times once you are in the park.
Go and have fun, a lot of them won't arrive until between 11-mid afternoon due to traveling there, but don't let it ruin your trip, ive heard Adults acting more ridiculous and rude than the teenagers at grad Nite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter