Grabbing Moonlight Magic Cancellations?

robinb

DIS veteran
Has anyone been able to pick up a MM cancellation off the DVC website? I missed out on getting MM for the 8/22 at AK and I keep on hitting the DVC website and it always says that it is still sold out. Member Services assures me that the MM tickets go back into hopper but I was wondering if anyone has been successful snagging MM tickets after it shows "sold out". I've read that people are able to modify their existing MM reservations (on another board) using their existing link, so cancelled tickets are available. I just never see any when I look so I'm just not sure they are available to members who don't already hold tickets.

I don't believe they go back onto the site at all. I think MS was making that up.
I'm not sure I believe it either which was why I asked. I think it's supposed to got back into the pool available for everyone but I don't think it actually works that way. I think they are only available to those who already have a valid link to tickets.

I'm not sure I believe it either which was why I asked. I think it's supposed to got back into the pool available for everyone but I don't think it actually works that way. I think they are only available to those who already have a valid link to tickets.

My understanding is they're not available to ANYONE. The 4 ticket max is what it is, so it wouldn't make sense to have them available to those with tickets.

They oversell by 10-15% up front assuming a certain number of no shows.

My understanding is they're not available to ANYONE. The 4 ticket max is what it is, so it wouldn't make sense to have them available to those with tickets.

They oversell by 10-15% up front assuming a certain number of no shows.
The report I read was from someone who let 2 tickets go when his friends were no longer going. He modified them through the link for the tickets and changed it from 4 tickets to 2 tickets. Then, he wanted those 2 tickets back (same or different friends, not sure) and was able to go back in and re-acquire them through his original link.

I can’t remember where, but I specifically recall reading that once Moonlight Magic events were sold out, it was done. Cancelled tickets did not generate openings for a stand by list.

Take that for what it’s worth considering I can’t find that info to share and have never personally been to a MM event.

I can’t remember where, but I specifically recall reading that once Moonlight Magic events were sold out, it was done. Cancelled tickets did not generate openings for a stand by list.

Take that for what it’s worth considering I can’t find that info to share and have never personally been to a MM event.
Both the website and the MS CMs do say that cancellations are available. I’m just not sure that’s true in practice.

813BE8BA-54A0-4804-80A6-5FC08CFAC004.png

BTW, if anyone has a couple of extras they are not using, I would be very grateful for them. We're staying offsite (Bonnet Creek 2BR for $850 for the week, what a bargain!) but we'll have a car and can meet you where ever. I'd at least like to get my DD and her boyfriend into the event.

I did score cancelled tickets for MM a few years ago. It was about 4 wks before the event and I had been checking a few times a day every day since the day they were sold out. One day, they just became available. However, the link and the page were different back then. For recent events, members have said that none have opened up. I cannot imagine that no one cancels, so it leads me to believe that they just are not putting the tickets back in inventory.

I’m looking for MM AK 8/8
We are DVC members that just booked a last minute trip and not going into the parks this time. My 4 year old son would love to go to this. Please help

I've been able to nab a couple of the MM - they do sometimes make it back into the site if someone actually cancels beforehand or gives some back that they won't be using... also, there has been a time or 2 where the member hasn't had their full party available and has partially checked in, in which case you can possibly get in at that time (not recommended to wait for that though as it's been few and far between)

Picked up a 1-BR reservation at Grand Cal for Jan 31 recently (probably cuz MM is "at capacity"). Really want to take the fam (5) and had some hope because of this message:

Moonlight Magic at Disneyland® Park

Registration for Resort Guests has ended. Limited availability for all Members will open
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 9:00am ET

...followed by this:

Message last updated: 9:26 AM PST

SOLD OUT ALERT
Like a silly old bear’s tummy after a pot of honey, Moonlight Magic at Disneyland Park has reached full capacity. Please visit disneyvacationclub.com for details about other Member offerings and exclusive experiences available as part of Membership Magic.

1. Do you think this means it is still get-able on August 28th??
2. Anybody with experience at Disneyland Resort just waiting by the dedicated MM entrance and asking members if their party is full?

Picked up a 1-BR reservation at Grand Cal for Jan 31 recently (probably cuz MM is "at capacity"). Really want to take the fam (5) and had some hope because of this message:

Moonlight Magic at Disneyland® Park

Registration for Resort Guests has ended. Limited availability for all Members will open
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 9:00am ET

...followed by this:

Message last updated: 9:26 AM PST

SOLD OUT ALERT
Like a silly old bear’s tummy after a pot of honey, Moonlight Magic at Disneyland Park has reached full capacity. Please visit disneyvacationclub.com for details about other Member offerings and exclusive experiences available as part of Membership Magic.

1. Do you think this means it is still get-able on August 28th??
2. Anybody with experience at Disneyland Resort just waiting by the dedicated MM entrance and asking members if their party is full?
Timewarp? The 2019 MM at DL was on 1/31/2019. That event date has come and gone. What is going on here??

So glad you pointed that out!

After a google search, I discovered that announcements for MM dates have been on 11/28 the preceding year (2017 for 2018 and 2018 for 2019), so 2020 event dates have not been announced yet.

Whew!

Would be nice if DVC would update their site after the event has passed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter