Government Discount vs Disney Club Discount

kutchyone

DIS Veteran
I have always done very well by using the “free” Disney Club card to get discounts on rooms. Always 20% on the moderates and even 30% once on a two bedroom villa at the Boardwalk. I know that the “free” card is gone now. Can someone with experience and/or knowledge give me a comparison between the DC discounts vs the government discount? What exactly is a government discount and how do you prove you work for the government? Does this apply to local, state and federal employees? Any help would be appreciated.

As far as I know, the only hotels offering a government employee discount are the Swan & Dolphin, which are on Disney property but not operated by Disney. You would need to show Government ID (federal, state or local) or travel orders to get the discount.

There is a military discount available for Shades of Green and overflow rates in other resorts when SOG is booked.

I am fairly sure that SOG is for military and fed gov only if you fit in this catergory then you can get low priced rooms depending on rank, or grade you are. Also can get overflow rates at discounted rates. Enjoy your trip. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter