Got my $99 voucher.... but a question...

mermaid96

Glad 2be Duquette free!
It says on the voucher.... "guest # may not exceed # of guests in original stateroom" or something to that extent... it's upstairs and I'm too lazy to get it. Anyway- there were 2 in my stateroom in January- so does that mean that my dh and I can go but we can't take our 2 kids and pay regular prices for them?? Or does it just mean we can't pay the $99 for them (which I wouldn't expect to anyway!) Does anyone know before I call DCL and pay for a toll call.

You can add other guests at a discounted rate also -- I believe it was $419 each.... check on your paperwork.

And, use the toll free number to call DCL

The $419 price is for another stateroom category 11 or 12. I guess I'll have to call and ask.

There were only 2 of us in our stateroom in January and that is all I was allowed to book into a room for the $99.00 rate.

I think it depends on what CM you talk to. When I first booked the rooms, the CM said no more than the number originally on the cruise in January. Then, I called the next day and told them I wanted to add my ds friend at the regular fare and they did it! Let us know how it turns out. If at first you don't suceed, try and try again!:D

Keep in mind that the reservation is not set in stone until the voucher is received at DCL. So even if you do get an agent that books 4 in the room at that rate (and you only sailed with 2) they will notice that when the voucher itself is received and varified... They state flat out on the voucher that it is only good for the number of people from the original sailing...

I didn't ask this question when I booked the $99 voucher deal, but I'm guessing that it would be Ok to add more in your stateroom, at the regular price.

I did book a second cabin using the $419 voucher, which is good for a category 11 or 12. I upgraded that cabin to a category 6 for 2 adults and two children and they charged $575 for each adult and $199 for each of the children.

Using the same logic, I would say adding two children to the cabin that used the $99 voucher should be $199 each.

I'm betting that they are concerned with keeping the number of people at $99 each to the number that sailed in January, and not the total number in the cabin at full fare.

Yep, that's what I did. We are a family of 5 and had 2 category 8 staterooms in January. Since each of those rooms slept 4 people, we added my sons friend who is 13 and it cost $279. Maybe I ought to see if they have lowered the teen fare for our sailing date! Vacations are so much better traveling with a HAPPY teenager! :D

I'll post here if they make any changes, but so far so good!

Just got off the phone..... the woman told me first- Yes I could put my children in the room and pay the regular price for them..... then she said it wasn't letting her price it out...... and it turned out no I couldn't have my children in that room. I told her I was very disappointed as Disney is supposed to be so family oriented. ~~~~sigh~~~~~ looks as though I may not be able to use my voucher after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!