Goodings, garden grocer or amazon prime now?

monica9

DIS Veteran
i was thinking of ordering amazon prime now but cast member said her sister orders from both goodings and garden grocer. We have a 13 month old who will need small snacks, milk yogurt and I figure I’ll grab some fruit and veg pouches.
Which do you suggest or have tried?
Thanks!

In the past, I have not been impressed with Goodings. The store at the Crossroads never seems to be very clean and the prices were higher than other grocery chains. Can't speak to the on-line ordering though. I used Safeway on my last trip, I took advantage of a discount that was offered with your first order. The items were waiting for me at bell services. Whoever you decide to use, if they offer a discount for first order or something similar, wait to get an account on the site until the day you place the order. A lot of times, the offer is only good for a few days before it expires. It may also come down to which place has the brands that you prefer.

Amazon Prime Now has been offering $10 off your first order. Someone will need to confirm that they don't get charged the package fee though....when we ordered they delivered straight to our room.

Ooooh, I didn't even know Prime Now was an option - I was thinking it was only Prime Pantry

I just ordered through Instacart (we did Publix, but there are other options on the site). It was extremely affordable, free delivery with a $50 order, and they offered a $15 discount for a first time order. We'll see how the fruit looks when I get them Saturday, but so far I'm pleased!

I just ordered through Instacart (we did Publix, but there are other options on the site). It was extremely affordable, free delivery with a $50 order, and they offered a $15 discount for a first time order. We'll see how the fruit looks when I get them Saturday, but so far I'm pleased!
Can you order other things like to go coffee cups, ziplock bags, diapers?

Amazon Prime Now has been offering $10 off your first order. Someone will need to confirm that they don't get charged the package fee though....when we ordered they delivered straight to our room.

Awaiting confirmation from anyone as well...we are planning on using Prime Now during our stay at Pop! in January, but would like to know if they charge a $5 fee and/or if they actually do deliver it to your room instead of holding it at Bell Services...

Awaiting confirmation from anyone as well...we are planning on using Prime Now during our stay at Pop! in January, but would like to know if they charge a $5 fee and/or if they actually do deliver it to your room instead of holding it at Bell Services...
I heard they deliver to bell services. It’s going to be tricky for us since we have a room only at ASsp for two nights and then heading to AKL for 6 nights. We can’t order anything while at ASsp because we will be ordering cold dairy items and don’t know how long on the day of check in for AKL until we are in the room. So I have to order amazon prime now around 1pm while we are in the parks and hope our room is ready for 3 and meet them in the lobby.
I know someone who has their items ready in the cart and when they landed they just hit “order” and by the time magical express got them to their resort their items were there. If I were you I’d do that.

We used amazon prime now. Didnt have to deal with the new specific delivery window time at BC since it's a conference center resort or an upcharge. We did an initial order for snacks and water and got it two hours later, then again mid week for more water and stuff to make nachos and grilled cheese. Both times were easy.

We used amazon prime now. Didnt have to deal with the new specific delivery window time at BC since it's a conference center resort or an upcharge. We did an initial order for snacks and water and got it two hours later, then again mid week for more water and stuff to make nachos and grilled cheese. Both times were easy.

Glad to hear there isn't any specific delivery window or upcharge - hoping it's the same for Pop Century. Did they deliver it to your room or to Bell Services/Front Desk?

@monica9 - I like the idea of having items ready in the cart to purchase as soon as we get on DME...but not sure that would be the way to go if we do online checkin and head straight to the park, especially if our room isn't ready when we arrive (we're getting in pretty early on arrival day). BUT, if they leave it at bell services, could still be an option. Thanks for the tip!

Glad to hear there isn't any specific delivery window or upcharge - hoping it's the same for Pop Century. Did they deliver it to your room or to Bell Services/Front Desk?

@monica9 - I like the idea of having items ready in the cart to purchase as soon as we get on DME...but not sure that would be the way to go if we do online checkin and head straight to the park, especially if our room isn't ready when we arrive (we're getting in pretty early on arrival day). BUT, if they leave it at bell services, could still be an option. Thanks for the tip!

Bell services called us when it was delivered and gave us a choice to pick it up ourselves or have them bring it up to the room.

I am also going to use Shipt when we're down there because you can order things delivered from Publix and ABC. I'm a Shipt member in Michigan attached to Meijer but it translates to Florida. I've checked it out and their prices are way better than Amazon or Green Grocer.

So we don’t have those stores in Washington. R the prices good for Huggies? In the big cities Costco delivers now within a few hours, do they do that there also. I saw groupons and coupons for some Food delivery places like Instacart or something on slick deals at one point has anybody used a $15 off coupons are the 10 and will you share them with me thinks our town is too small to have any kind of delivery options so I need to do something I don’t want to pack water and all that kind of stuff I was thinking Amazon but if there’s other options that would be good too thanks we’re staying at coranodo.

We’ve always been pleased with Garden Grocer. Nice user interface, lots of choices. Lots of confirmations including text when delivered, even before bell services.

Discounts if ordered well in advance too.

Here's my test on prices. It costs $2.19 in store for a box of Quaker Instant Oatmeal Apples and Cinnamon here in Michigan. I know because I buy it almost weekly. I just checked: the same box of Quaker Oatmeal is $5.69 on Garden Grocer, $3.39 on Amazon Now and $4.59 on Shipt. I know that I'm paying for convenience of not trotting my butt to the store but SERIOUSLY??? 250% markup is offensive to me.

That’s crazy. I’m wondering if we should just make a trip to Walmart the first day we get in to pick up stuff? We have that built in as a hang around and downtown Disney day. As my hubby and dd don’t get in tell the next night.

We’ve always been pleased with Garden Grocer. Nice user interface, lots of choices. Lots of confirmations including text when delivered, even before bell services.

Discounts if ordered well in advance too.
That’s crazy. I’m wondering if we should just make a trip to Walmart the first day we get in to pick up stuff? We have that built in as a hang around and downtown Disney day. As my hubby and dd don’t get in tell the next night.
if I had a car I’d do that especially with a down day.

Just an FYI: Safeway will not deliver on Friday, Nov. 24. We placed an order last week and just today got a call from a customer service rep telling us we either need to reschedule or cancel our order.

It's quite the inconvenience since the system allowed us to schedule a delivery on that day to begin with, and we're just over a week out. Now we have to shuffle things around and figure out an alternative that doesn't have insane markups (looking at you Garden Grocer and Instacart).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter