• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goodbye snow, hello sunshine...well, hopefully 2/24-2/27 (2/25 update)

rizzo0904

Mouseketeer
We leave in 4 days!!!!

So how did this come about? Last week I was looking at the 5 1/2 feet of snow in my yard and decided I couldn't take it anymore. I promptly called Disney and made a 3 night reservation at POR. It will be me, my hubby, and our two boys ages 5 & 6. The kids have no idea we are going. I'm not telling them...ever. They will need to figure out where we are. The connecting flight should cause extra confusion....bwah ha ha.

Challenge #1: I work a midnight shift the night before we leave and need to figure out how to stay up until we get to the resort and I can nap.

Challenge #2: We are flying standby...fingers crossed we get on our flight.

Challenge #3: Making it back in time for my night shift on Friday night. I can do it as long as the flights aren't delayed or cancelled.

Challenge #4: No one being sick! Youngest son is home from school today with a cough and low fever. He should be better by Tuesday, I just need older brother to stay healthy.

Plans:
Day one: Arrive at POR. The boys and DH will take the boat to DTD and hang out for a bit while I nap, then we will meet at the pool and order some pizza for dinner.

Day two: Rope drop at HS with a purposeful walk to sign up for Jedi Training. Due to our last minute ticket purchase, I couldn't get TSMM so we may try and ride standby immediately following our Jedi sign up. I did manage to get FP for Star Tours, RNR, and TOT. Yay!

Day three: Rope drop at Epcot, proceeding promptly to TT. I got a Soarin FP and then two I probably don't need...Turtle Talk and Nemo. We will skip Ellen and MS (did that last visit). I hope spend more time in the world showcase this time. Hopefully they will like the Kidcot stations...and I know they will like sampling food.

Day four: Catch a flight home.

10342462_10155250920710454_2346098888576599181_n.jpg

Those are the boys. Excuse the odd attire...beach day at school.

The younger one had his yearly doctor's appointment yesterday. Doctor verified it's just a cold and we found out he finally broke 40 inches! Soarin and Test Track here we come!!

I started packing yesterday. Still need to run out for some meds in case anyone else picks up this cold. Advil and some decongestant can work wonders! The little one still has a cough but he seems to feel better. Everyone else is still healthy right now. Fingers crossed!

We leave for the airport in 3 hours! Boys sill don't know about the trip. Can't wait to see the excitement on their faces when they figure it out.

Weather looks good, flights aren't full...hoping we don't have any issues.

Our two park days look like they may be rainy though :sad1:

I'm jealous!! Hope your flights all work out okay - have a great trip!

Flights were great...we even got to sit sit together! Our first flight landed a few minutes early and we were able to run to a delayed flight to Orlando. We literally walked off one plane and on to another. Grabbed a quick bite at MCO and then headed for the magical express.

When we got in line for the bus, the kids saw magic bands and finally figured out where we were. Magical express was awesome...so convenient. First time we've ever used it.

Youngest wants to cuddle. I'll be back later with POR thoughts....

So glad your flights worked out well! Did you get a photo of their reactions once they figured out where they were going? Have a great time and I hope the weather there is beautiful for you!

It wasn't that exciting when they figured it out. :/

POR is okay. Its clean. People are friendly. I like the Murphy bed. But its noisy. We are in a preferred room but its near a loading area. So we hear people and trucks backing up. And the bathroom is so small.

Busses have been running well. No issues with transportation at all.

We took the boat to DTD last night. Very convenient. Played at the lego store and had dinner at WPE. Overpriced. Rotisserie chicken is very good but it would be nice to have green beans with it. Pizza is salty. Mac and cheese was fine. Tonight we are getting pizza and salad delivered from Flippers and then hitting the pool.

Next up will be a HS review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter