Good time to buy or sell?

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
There are many good reasons to sell DVC contracts. Some might be recent changes in banking, addition of a $95 fee for using the Disney collection, difficulty in making reservations, etc.

There are also good reasons to buy, for example , availability of shorter contracts at OKW through Disney until January.

Is it a good time to buy or a good time to sell! Notice, I did not ask for any moronic non-answers like, "I would never sell!" That, of course is not the question.

I think its a good time to buy and sell.

Its a good time to buy OKW resale if you are interested in the longer contracts. After Feb 2008, resales will not have that option to extend.

It's a good time to sell OKW, because you can still get the going price, and the buyer can close in time to make the Feb 2008 deadline.

Personally, I don't think that those are good reasons to sell.

I bought to get the advantage of time so that my costs are lower compared to paying out for a Deluxe room every year. I can handle the banking situation and my need for the Disney Collection over the years will not be enough to cause me to lose major dollars over the $95 fee.

There are many good reasons to sell DVC contracts. Some might be recent changes in banking, addition of a $95 fee for using the Disney collection, difficulty in making reservations, etc.

There are also good reasons to buy, for example , availability of shorter contracts at OKW through Disney until January.

Is it a good time to buy or a good time to sell! Notice, I did not ask for any moronic non-answers like, "I would never sell!" That, of course is not the question.
I think there are good reasons to buy and sell depending on your needs and situations. But I can't see any of the recent changes (transfer rules, $95 fee, extension ?, reservations issues) to be good reasons to sell assuming it was reasonable to buy in the first place. To a degree this is an issue of whether DVC works for you or not and since none of the key components have changed, I think the answer should be the same now as it would have been a year to two ago assuming one's personal situation has not changed.

Appropriate reasons to buy are mostly for a limited group that see a premium staying on property and will use the points for DVC stays and avoid long weekends, even better for Sun-Fri. Most everyone else should not buy in or should consider selling. One who buys in should be happy staying most or all trips at their home resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter