Good Salads at DLR?

I get this thread. I love my veggies and the dining options on holidays can be sadly lacking some green. I always bring carrots,grapes & oranges in my bag. Just enough to satisfy my need for green and then it seems to balance out all the delicious food on holidays.

I liked the veggie skewers at Bengal BBQ as well. And very close to that was a fresh fruit and vegetable stand. It wasn't cheap, but there were no dressings or other additives.

For southern California in general, my favorite place for full meal salads is the Lemonade chain. We live two time zones away so I even bought their cookbook.

Whitewater Snacks has a salad I like that you get with the individual pizza. Like others have said, you can find good veggies/salads in both parks and in DTD as well as in the hotels. My daughter likes the salad from Carnation Cafe. You can find fruit platters in both parks. Flo's has one that we usually get to share and Tomorrowland Terrace has one too.

Walking distance from DLR is the GardenWalk shopping complex. There are several restaurants there, including the Cheesecake Factory. Here is an example of their salad selection: https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/salads/salads/. You will be able to find salads at places on Harbor, too. We usually stop by Pizza Press for pizza and salad.
Another example of the need to define "healthy." Some of those salads are 1,000 calories without dressing. If limiting calories is someone's issue, a healthier option is a single slice of pizza as sold in the parks.

OP, thanks for posting this thread. While I don't worry too much about calories since we're walking so much on our trip, unhealthy food can make me feel sick. I don't eat a lot of fried, rich food normally. And while I do indulge on vacation, sometimes I feel terrible later. Last DLR trip, I was glad that VGC is so close; I felt so miserable that I went to the hotel room to lay down for awhile. And obviously nobody wants to feel bad on their vacation.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions everyone!

Changed the title to the discussion to salads and veggies, as really that's all I was looking for. I love a good salad, so I appreciate all suggestions

FWIW I typically LOSE in the ballpark of 4-5lbs when we go to Disneyland. I'm a calorie counter and a very conscious eater but I let loose a little in the parks. I cannot make it through a 27,000-35,000 step day on salads and fruit. At home I tend to eat three moderate (my DH would say small) meals a day and three 100-200 calorie snacks. On vacation we typically do a late breakfast and early dinner, skipping lunch with maybe a snack bar in between and a treat daily-we get Mickey Bars or the family shares a ridiculous dessert. I've tried splitting meals or eating light but with all that walking (I average 15,000 a day at home) I'd be ravenous in an hour and then over eat the next meal. I've found my intake combined with being active non-stop levels itself off without me having to worry about it. As PP mentioned not every way is not compatible with every person but this is what has worked for me over the years. (For the record I don't weigh myself for at least four days after I get home to give all the extra sodium time to flush from my system. Otherwise it wouldn't be pretty, lol)

eta: my apologies, didn't mean to go OT.

I'm vegetarian, not sure if you are. I like the salads at Jolly Holiday:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/jolly-holiday-bakery-cafe/menus/lunch/
(I also love the tomato basil soup & grilled cheese!)

Starbucks has a good looking salad, too, it had apples and cheaddar cheese chunks.

I also always pack a baggie of veggies: baby carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatos for each person in my family to eat in line. And an apple.

Have fun!

If you want a dynamite Caesar Salad the one at Naples will knock your socks off. Not calorie friendly and the single portion is huge. Older DD and I typically split it and each have a slice of pizza. The roasted broccoli at Le Brea is good too. Both Downtown Disney.

I'm vegetarian, not sure if you are. I like the salads at Jolly Holiday:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/jolly-holiday-bakery-cafe/menus/lunch/
(I also love the tomato basil soup & grilled cheese!)

Starbucks has a good looking salad, too, it had apples and cheaddar cheese chunks.

I also always pack a baggie of veggies: baby carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatos for each person in my family to eat in line. And an apple.

Have fun!

Which salad do you like better at the Jolly Holiday?

I like the Chinese Chicken Salad at Boudin's in Pacific Wharf. I don't think it is remotely healthy, but I like it. I get the bread bowl on the side so the whole family can munch on it over a period of a couple hours.

I like the Italian chef salad at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. Outside of the park, I like to pick up the Cobb salad at Mimi's occasionally on my way back to the hotel.

Had the chicken tostado salad today at Rancho Zocalo. Very good. Love the chicken apple walnut one at Pacific Wharf.
RFC has a lot of good salads. I do love salads.

I've had one of the big salads at stanching del Zocalo and it was really good, the other food not so much. I had the turkey salad at Flos and that was good too. If I don't get enough fresh roughage I too feel icky.

Ugh Rancho not stanching...

QUOTE="avalovesminnie, post: 57542136, member: 523597"]I've had one of the big salads at stanching del Zocalo and it was really good, the other food not so much. I had the turkey salad at Flos and that was good too. If I don't get enough fresh roughage I too feel icky.[/QUOTE]
Ugh

I love the tangaroa terrace salad at Tangaroa terrace . It has kale, pineapple, macadamian nuts and crispy tofu...yum! It's a QS located at the disneyland hotel. If you go in the evenings there is usually live Hawaiian music playing. There are tiki torches lit, and lots of tropical plants and trees that lend to a very relaxing ambiance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter