Good news for Canadians

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
On the Disney.ca website, they have just announced a Canadian @ par deal for trips between January and May 2004.
Check it out!!!!

I can't see where it says at par, can you put a link here?
Thanks, Marilynn:crazy:

I just got off the phone with WDTC and we would save approximately 250.00 CAD on our post cruise stay in early Feb.

Already booked, 1586.66 USD = 2191.00 CAD (.725 exchange rate at booking time), refund on MC would be at .74/.75 cents so getting back about 2144.14 CAD

At par booking, 1310.28 USD = 1898.96 CAD @ Disney exchange of .69USD = 1.00 CAD.

Should we go for it? WDTC says that the refund should show up by the next billing cycle, 2 -3 weeks.

We are currently booked on the Dreammaker silver plan @ Pop Century that came out 3 -4 weeks ago.

Penny

Is it only on the Dream Maker Package? I have an AP, so it is no good to me.

This does us no good.Will already be back a few days.So I wonder if there will be a ticket deal(I have resigned to the fact that I will be paying full price for everything)Oh well at least we are going.

What is the Deam maker package? Is it room with an UPH pass.

Boy it is really hard trying to get the best price it seems. I asked about a Can. at par and got a quote for 3 nights at PC for $498.98. I then have another night at $68.75 for the last night. If I stay with the CAA price of $275.00 for the 4 nights and then add tickets it ends up being a total of $579.80 and then I have 2 days left over. The $579.80 is just for the amount used up. If we buy our own tickets we would go to Disney for 3 days, but if we got the package we would go the 4 days. The first day would be a shorter visit as we probably won't get to Disney until about 3 p.m. so we wouldn't use our bought ticket for that amount of time. Epcot (at least I think stays open until about 9) is my dh's fav. park so that part would be okay. I think I am getting confused now..LOL are you?
tigercat

If anyone can-please post - where you are staying, when and
what your per night rate is. Maybe we can figure this out!
I'd like to go too if the deal to good enough.

I just recieved my quote from Dreams Unlimited and have e-mailed her back for that info (a brakdown of some sort on the DreamMaker package) this way I can see what I'am saving...otherwise it's a little confusing....WDW is giving us the package at .69/1.00...so they recalculate the package price and reconvert it into US funds again (EG 500US exchanged into 345US with this deal) then when you put it on your Visa you should be getting same day rate of exchange (eh 345US becomes 345 x 1.30 = 448.50CDN) so to me because the dollar is currently higher it seems like a win win situation.I'll post as soon as I get the break down though!!!I'am just glad to get at deal other than passes at par (with thi package you are also getting that as well...so you recieve passes -built into the package-and hotel atpar)!!!!:moped: :moped: I-75 here we come!!!!

I wonder if this latest offer to Canadians is a way to feel us out about how many of us pay for our trips using a Visa card. Maybe, just maybe, they want to see if it's worth offering us as Disney Visa if there are enough of us using it.

I for one got a couple of quotes for the CDN @ par deal. For 3 nights from March 4th to 7th for our family of 5; 2 adults 3 children ages 6, 11 and 13:

POR - US$ 1209.00 (this includes the extra $15.00 per night for the trundle bed fee)
BWI or BC - US$ 1678.00

This rate includes a UPH including arrival date and departure date. We actually want to stay 4 nights but I don't want to pay the extra for the park passes and I think I may be able to get a discount on the last night further on down the road.

Since we were looking to stay at the S&D at the entertainment rate of 162.50 + 10.00 resort fee per night + 11.5% tax plus 4 day PHP at $216.00 each and one at $176.00 plus taxes. The Cdn @ par rate would save us about US$200.00 AND we would be staying at one of our preferred hotels.

Now that we are considering staying at POR, if we purchased room and tickets seperately paying regular undiscounted rates, we would be paying approx. US$ 1775.00. I believe there is a savings of approx. US$ 560.00. Of course, if the POR rooms can be obtained at a discount later on, that is another story but since we are going during peak season, I am not counting on it!

Sandy
:sunny:

Sandyrella,I'am also going March 1 through to the 8th but have opted to go with ASMO ...I was quoted 1376.76 US all taxes include for 7 nights accomodation and passes for 2 adults and 1 child age 10 (the age we all aparently become adults according to Disney anyway).This works out to approximately 1720.95 (depending on the exchange rate) so that would mean a cost of 458.92/person CDN.Considering that Park Hopper passes can range anywhere between 350-400 dollars CDN/person I think this is a good deal but Dreams Unlimited is getting back to me with the total breakdown so that I can do some comparison shopping.I also agree that this is in all likelihood a marketing tool for Visa and I am more than willing to oblige if it's going to save me in the end!!!!I always pay that stuff on my card anyway.

I have also asked DU for this package and a breakdown. Now I have called Disney and got the quote I wrote about above. What I wanted to know is I know Disney is doing the 1.69 exchange but we will be charged the current rate when it goes on our VISA? That would make our trip more economical. I have looked at the CAA rate for PC and then adding a 5 day pass which would give us 2 extra days for a later time. If I just add the 3 days that we would be using and the hotel then it ends up being cheaper if I am charged the $1.69. But if I am charged the current exchange rate it will be about the same price or cheaper. Also, I have already paid a $200.00 deposit on another package and need to know if I can transfer that money onto this new package, and is the whole amount charged to your VISA right away. Also, what is the cancellation policy with this package. Boy lots of questions.
tigercat

Tigercat...as far as I understand they do the exchange at .69?1 on the package itself and give you the new amount of the package in US dollars.I would imagine that Visa would be required to give you "same day rate of exchange" as it would on anyother transaction made in US dollars.That's why I use my Visa so much when I'am at WDW I get same day rate of exchange (so whatever the market closes at that day) and I convert as little actual money as possible.I just find it easier.The only thing about this package that I'am interested in finding out is the pass itself...I usually buy hoppers and I'am wondering if I'am spending extra for a pass with no real additional benefits.I bought the Ultimate Park Hoppers our first trip ever...rookie mistake...and found out that I spent extra cash for no real reason...anyway it will be interesting to see.I just leary because ever since I've been buying my hotel and pass seperately I've been saving money...so packages don't really appeal to me because I usually find that there are "benefits" which are either unnecessry to my overall experience or just not something that appeals to me.So I'll sit back and wait for my breakdown.When you get yours would you mind posting then we can all compare!!!!Thanks!!!!:chat: :chat:

I have a room reserved as well and have been looking at the passes. Then this deal came up. The total cost of the room and 3 days of a 5 day pass come out to $579.80. The package price and the last night with a seperate reservation (we have to leave first thing in the morning so a pass for the day doesn't work for us) comes out to $567.75. Now added into the 1st price would be the other 2 days at Disney at this time but we would use it another time. Using the package because you get in in the morning of your fist day and the night of your last day we would actually go to Disney 4 days. The first day we won't be getting in till later in the afternoon so I wouldn't have wasted a pass for that day but since we have the package we would be able to go over for the time we had. We figure we will end up at the resort about 3 p.m. The only thing is we also have the last package already reserved and have paid a $200.00 deposit. From what the DU agent said they want to refund the deposit and then charge me again. Doesn't make sense. They already have my money. Anyway, will let you know what is happening. Oh we are arriving on a Tues. in Feb and leaving on the Sat. 4 nights only.
tigercat

We have changed ressies before with DU and it is just the way their computer system works. It has to fully book on a new reservation and therefore refund you back the deposit before booking a reservation in the same time frame.
Don'tworry though.. you'll get your deposit back!:tongue:

I checked some prices for this At Par deal with the WDTC. Here is what I was quoted ...

Feb 26 thru Mar 10 (13 nights)
All-Star Sports

2 adults = $1697.72 U.S. (without insurance)
2 adults/1 child = $2018.66 U.S. (not sure if this included insurance or not)

An acquantaince of mine had already booked his room at Sports for roughly similar dates (but 7 days). He called to switch to this new deal and he says he was quoted a price under $1200 (U.S.) for 2 adults and 2 children. Obviously, that doesn't work out, it should be considerably more than that. When I see his reservation sheet, I'll believe it.

Regards,
Rob.

That quote doesn't sound too far off to me. When we were looking to book our trip using the CDN @ par deal, I had figured out that for 7 nights at PC for 2 adults and 1 child would be $1269. I'm sure I figured it out correctly because when I called to make our reservations at WL for 7 nights I had figured it out within $1.00.

I was doing quotes on disneyworld.com, getting them exactly how I wanted them and multiplying the total by .69. That way there are no surprises when you call to make reservations.

I just booked the All star Movies (prefered) for 3 nights during March break (16-19). The price for 2 adult 2 children is $850.00 usd. I looked at getting 4 day hoppers and that price was $770.00 through ticketmania. So I think it is great deal especially for this time of year!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter