Good meal at WCC, Ragland Road just okay, Beaches and Cream bad

playallday

Earning My Ears
Two 60 somethings on a short trip-
Had a great meal at WCC on Sunday, salmon was excellent as were the sides. Dessert of chocolate cake was great too. Service very good and the high jinx and horse races are back.
Ragland Road one of our favorites was lackluster and the famous bread pudding was a disappointment. Very dry and even two servings of the sauces didn’t help much. Fish and chips were also room temp.
Beaches and Cream for lunch today was also disappointing in the burger was a room temperature, overcooked, dried out grey puck. The cheese on top was cold and dried out. Onion rings were also room temp and greasy.
I’m guessing due to worker shortages and Disney budget cuts they are
precooking a lot of food and plating it ahead of time. They can’t even warm it back before serving apparently.
No one asks you if your food is ok, I’m sure they know and don’t want to deal with it.
The manager was out on the floor the whole time we were there but never once stopped to ask anyone how their meal was. She never made eye contact with any guest and we walked past her on the way out and couldn’t even manage a thank you for stopping in .
I feel for the cast members because they know the food and experience has been cut back and they are forced to deal with the fallout.
I never complained about the food due to the fact we weren’t seated till 30 minutes after our reservation time and it was another 30 after we ordered our food that we were served. No way was I going to wait another 30 minutes for another sub par burger.
One thing they can’t mess up too much was the ice cream so yay for that!

Really worried for our only other reservation while here and that’s Cape May Cafe tomorrow.
So far we’re 1 for 3.

We had two very similar experiences with Beaches & Cream recently. On our April trip we shared the grilled cheese and tomato soup. The sandwich was not warm at all. It was like cooled off cheese in between two pieces of toast. The bread didn't even seem "grilled". The No Way Jose was excellent though! We went again in May with our two adult sons. We got burgers (same quality as what you experienced, gray and room temperature), greasy not warm onion rings, a chicken sandwich that was just fine but not anything memorable and my son got the reuben which he said was a mediocre reuben. We also got the Chocolate Lovers Kitchen Sink and really had to struggle to get any ice cream at all. I think I had two spoonfuls of ice cream a half of a brownie and a cookie. Everything else was just whipped cream. None of us could really find the ice cream. It was actually our worst dining experience of the trip (with the exception of quickservice FireEaters at Universal Islands of Adventure).

Sending pixie dust it's only up from here!

I'm hoping that Raglan Road was just having an off night. It is my favorite restaurant and I'm canceling a Storybook Dining for it. Makes me a little nervous.

Goodness gracious B&C sounds as bad as when I went in Nov and banned it from my Disney restaurant list! Except we waited 45 mins after our reservation 🙄

If you’re looking for a nice burger in the future I highly recommend Ale & Compass. More expensive but good food and good CMs. And generally easy to get an ADR for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter