• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good itinerary for us ??

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
DH isn't thrilled to go to MK, so I figured we'll do an evening - see Wishes and the Spectro Parade that night but not do too many of the rides. I don't really have anything planned for after AK or IOA (which I heard on a weekday only takes a few hours). We aren't sure if we want to go to Universal Studios but probably won't have time. What exactly is Disney Boardwalk - there doesn't seem to be a lot of things there but is it worth checking out? We are going May 16-22 (Mon-Sun).

Mon:
Arrival, MGM (Fantasmic reservations @4PM)

Tues:
Animal Kingdom
Evening activity or just relax??? Downtown Disney???

Wed:
Blizzard Beach (until around 3PM)
Break
Magic Kingdom in evening (extra magic hours)

Thursday:
Typhoon Lagoon (until around 3PM)
Epcot in evening (extra magic hours)- World Showcase and Illuminations

Friday:
Islands of Adventures (DH must go)
Evening activity??? Disney park??

Saturday:
Epcot during day - Furture World
Rest
Head to Downtown Disney for dinner, Pleasure Island

Sunday:
DisneyQuest
Departure late afternoon

Your itinerary looks great. I would def check out the Boardwalk. Depending on when you go, it probably won't take up a lot of your time. Although if you go at night you can see an awesome dueling pianos act! There are mostly restaurants and a couple stores. I love the themeing and its so beautiful at night!!

Disney Boardwalk is the DVC resort & it actually has a boardwalk out front that anyone can go to. It is one of the "free things to do in WDW". It has several good restaurants (i.e. ESPN Zone, ice cream & candy ) stores (don't know names but various WDW stuff) Jellyrolls, a nightclub that is for 18 & over & looked like a lot of fun when we strolled in w/ our DD16, so couldn't stay, roving entertainment--when we were there, saw a comedy/magic show; acrobats that did stunts w/ a ladder. I has a beautiful view of a lagoon (i think it is called) & a couple of other resorts. It has kiosks w/ a caricature artis, hair braiding, etc. You can rent a surrey & take a ride along teh boardwalk & probably the resort itself. This is by no means complete list just what I remember from our brief visit. I really liked the atmosphere ! deb

you have both BB and TL - but not a visit to your resort pool.

WDW resorts pools are pretty nice!!!

going to IOA from WDW is not easy - even if you have a car - remember that parking lot is 1/2 mile from the theme park - so there and back you have a walked a mile and haven't done anything.

there is alot to do (if you are brave) at IOA - I would go for a whole day.

lots of folk won't do alot at IOA - they have some scarey stuff. (great for teens)

the Mummy is at US so is men in black - both worth doing!!!

aren't I trouble! ;)

however this schedule is very, very good!

spiceycat said:
you have both BB and TL - but not a visit to your resort pool.

WDW resorts pools are pretty nice!!!

going to IOA from WDW is not easy - even if you have a car - remember that parking lot is 1/2 mile from the theme park - so there and back you have a walked a mile and haven't done anything.

there is alot to do (if you are brave) at IOA - I would go for a whole day.

lots of folk won't do alot at IOA - they have some scarey stuff. (great for teens)

the Mummy is at US so is men in black - both worth doing!!!

aren't I trouble! ;)

however this schedule is very, very good!

Thank you! I figured it would take about 30 minutes to drive to IOA. We are renting a car for that one day. I think we'll make IOA a whole day and do Citywalk maybe for a stroll. Or USF if there is time :)

Thanks for saying my itinerary was good at least :)

I actually might use this 1 day left hopper ticket I have... originally I wasn't because I was constantly thinking how to combine it in my new ticket purchase but figured if I use as is maybe I can do AK and another park the same day and hop. The rest of the time the water park and a park is fine.

Hmm ... resort pool, yes I need to put that somewhere. Darn it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter