Good Ice Cream Place Near Or On Grand Floridian Resort?

manooly

Mouseketeer
Hello!
I just recently booked our first stay at the Grand Floridian for this August (10 nights!). We usually stay at the Beach or Yacht club so we always had Beaches and Cream to go to for great ice cream. I'm sure there is something similar near or on the Grand Floridian resort property. I'm just looking for suggestions or ideas so we know what to expect when we arrive. Good ice cream is a must for my wife and two teenage girls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as long as it doesn't require park entry. A nice walk or on property ice cream parlor would be great. I look forward to your feedback!

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

The only thing comparable to Beaches & Cream on property is Ample Hills Creamery at the Boardwalk. It's counter service, though, not table service.

There's also Haagen-Dazs and Ghirardelli at Disney Springs.

Some of the restaurants of the MK resorts may have ice cream desserts on the menu; I'd check the menus on Disney's site and see what's available.

This isn’t going to qualify as a “good ice cream spot” - but the Pineapple Lanai at Poly is a walk-up window that serves Dole Whip, and soft-serve vanilla.

Other than that, I agree with @DisneyWishes14, the only real ice cream shop in that general vicinity is the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in MK.

And the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is just Edy's brand ice cream. So, eh, you know.

I think @GADisneyDad14 has a great idea - it's not even technically ice cream, but getting a Dole Whip at the Poly might be your best bet. It's not far and it's tasty.

And the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is just Edy's brand ice cream. So, eh, you know.

I think @GADisneyDad14 has a great idea - it's not even technically ice cream, but getting a Dole Whip at the Poly might be your best bet. It's not far and it's tasty.
The ice cream at Beaches and Cream is also Edy's, not great ice cream.
Denise

Ghirardelli's is the only place that comes to mind. My teen likes ordering The Earthquake which says it feeds 4 but is a lot for 4 to manage.

You could take the bus to DHS then walk or boat to The Boardwalk for Ample Hills ice cream.
We love walking over to Poly for Dole Whips. GF does have soft serve in Gaspys.

Most of the QS in each resort have some type of ice cream in them...even if it is just grab and go bars or sandwiches. The Gasparilla Island Grill has soft serve for sure that I know of.

Any resort with DVC attached usually sells pints in the gift shop, basic Haagen flavors like vanilla, chocolate, dulce de leche and strawberry.

If you find one, please post! GF Gasp Grille used to have soft serve and we would always end our night as a family sitting outside with cones, but as of last summer they had done away with it. It was a major disappointment! We tried the Poly but it is still not real soft serve ice cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter