Good Halfway Point from Indiana?

mrsdrmorgan

Earning My Ears
We're towing our recently refurbished vintage Airstream down to the fort for the first time over Spring Break and we're trying to plan out our itinerary. Does anyone know of a good campground for an overnight stop from Indiana? I'm thinking somewhere south of Atlanta. It doesn't need to have many amenities, just easy to get in & out of and safe.

Thanks in advance!

We stop at either Forsyth KOA, 1 hour south of Atlanta or Southern Gates in Arabi Ga, 3 hours south of Atlanta. Both are easy in/out, reasonable and safe.

Don't know how far south you want to go from Atlanta, but we've stayed at Tifton KOA, and also Eagles Roost Campground at Lake City.

agree on Forsyth KOA, Cordele KOA is between Forsyth and Tipton KOA, we have stayed at all 3. All consistent with KOA quality and amenities. Cordele is probably the easiest on and off. Exit 97

We're in central Indiana and will be stopping twice on the way down at motels. We don't clear the waterlines on our 5th wheel until we are south of the freeze line (last year it was Perry, FL before it was warm enough). We stop at motels in Athens, AL and in Perry, FL on the way down.

I've pulled through Atlanta but would rather avoid it since those folks have trouble with dry roads.

We go south down I-65 to Montgomery, then across US-231 to the Fl/GA parkway, then down US-19 to US-27 & the FLa Turnpike for maybe 20 miles, Get off and come in the back way to WDW & head to Ft. Wilderness.

I might add that we're pulling a 40' 5th wheel with a 1 ton crew cab diesel.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!