• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good, fast Key Lime Pie recipe?

DsnyDrmr

My DH calls it OCD; I call it effective planning ;
Anyone have one? My husband's b-day is tomorrow, and he loves key lime pie! Anyone have a great simple recipe?

Easy key lime pie......

You can also use a graham crust if you like..

INGREDIENTS:
1 (10 inch) pie crust, baked and cooled
You can also use a graham crust if you like...

1 tablespoon grated lime zest
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, mix together lime rind, lime juice, and condensed milk. Whisk in pudding mix and allow to set up 5 minutes. Fold in 8 ounce tub of whipped topping. Pour mixture into pastry shell. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired.

how many limes would it take to get 1 cup of juice? Thanks!

DsnyDrmr said:
how many limes would it take to get 1 cup of juice? Thanks!
You just buy the lime juice pre squeezed... comes in a little green lime bottle.. I believe it is 8 oz..

My family loves this one:
1 can sweetened condenced milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup lime juice (about 3 or 4 limes)
Beat 1 of the egg whites stiff. Fold into above mixture. Beat remaining 3 egg whites and gradually add 6 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 tsp cream of tartar. Put filling into baked pie shell ( or graham crust) and then top with meringue mixture. Bake at 350º until whites are golden brown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter