Good fast food at IOA...

sherry7

DIS Veteran
I know that Mythos is supposed to be the best restaurant in IOA (didn't get to go there though), but we found some really good fast food in the park as well. Yesterday, we had lunch at the Enchanted Oak Restuarant in the Lost Continent section of the park. The food was excellent and plentiful and the restaurant was pretty cool looking too. DH and I had the roasted chicken meal, which consisted of a half chicken all connected together. In addition, you also got a large portion of fries, a roasted cob of corn with the husk still attached to the end (very nice presentation) and a corn muffin. I believe the meals were $8.99 each. They also had burger and ribs meals in the same price range. DS had a kids meal, which consisted of a section of ribs, fries, drink, and an apple ($5 or $6 ?), which he enjoyed as well. DH and I both agreed that this was the best fast food meal that we have ever had in a theme park...including WDW.

The best counter service burgers are at the Burger Digs. I found some really good gyros at the Fire Eater's Grill. The pizza smells good at Cafe 4, but I haven't eaten it yet. The spagetti at Cafe 4 was pretty good, but a little rubbery.

The best junk food you can get is the huge chocolate chip cookies at the Crossant Moon Bakery. One is good for breakfast! You need a jolt of sugar in the morning. :)

how could you do that in the morning barry? the coasters call my sweet name that early!

We ate at Thunder Falls overlooking the Jurassic Park ride.

Wow, what a fantastic place. The food was awesome for theme park fare.....I had the most wonderful chicken salad......and the interior decoration is great.

IOA was a late addition to our itinerary and turned out to be our favorite park of all.

Barry you can have that choco-chip cookie, there is still no direct sugar high like that icing they pour over that hot cinnimon roll at CMB.

the kids seem to like the pizza at Cafe4. The chicken parmagisan was tolerable but hey what do you expect from fast food. I have always liked the enchanted oak as well. it is a good place to take kids that still have a lot of energy to burn. :cool:

I always thought the Enchanted Oak was a great place to eat also! The food is cheap and the theaming of the tavern is incredible!

The best fast food at IOA are DIPPIN DOTS!! THE ICE CREAM OF THE FUTURE!!!

Yes, the future does cost $4.95 per cup.

Originally posted by Jon360
The best fast food at IOA are DIPPIN DOTS!! THE ICE CREAM OF THE FUTURE!!!

Yes, the future does cost $4.95 per cup.

I tried it once and they would be hard pressed to back up the name of ice CREAM of the future. Maybe the ice 1% milk of the future. very disappointing and i would love to know the "CREAM" content of this product as compared to real ice cream.
other locations in USF between Amity and Earthquake. Also use to be one down in the E.T. area:mad:

They seemed more plastic than creamy!! Give me the good old real stuff with a HIGH cream content.

The Dippin Dots are every bit as good as real ice cream. It's just a matter of personal preference. Cream form or dot form.

Personally I enjoy a cup of dippin dots on a hot summer day.

sorry jon360 but you are just spinning out of control. i was raised on a farm and we had milk cows so we had immediate acces to real cream. Closer to 1% milk frozen.

Sorry Jon,,,keep the dots. Put mine in a cone or a bowl, maybe a little syrup over the top!!:p

My wife will not ride any thing in IOA save the seuess-o-sel. But she will go with me to have the cheese croisiont at CMB and the ice cream at Marvel right on the edge next to toon lagoon.:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter