good exchange rate for Euros?

DisneyRGB

<font color=blue>Loves parades<br><font color=purp
Hi

Can anyone who's been to DLP (or Europe) recently tell me a good place to get euros at the minute? Going away in 2 weeks and not even thought about it!! Would like to get as many euros as possible for my money and have no idea who offers a good rate.

Thanks

Don't know about prices on the High Street, but based on the discussions we always have on the Florida planning boards, the best rates for currency on the web are always to be had from Travelex.co.uk (have to pickup from airport) and OnlineFX.co.uk (will deliver for a small charge).

Rhianon
we only took a few Euros on holiday as I'd recently got a Nationwide account. Got much better exchange both withdrawing from AMT or charging to credit card.

Reid

Although I'd changed up all my Euros before we went I checked the exchange rate while we were there and found that the rate they offered in the hotel (Santa Fe) was competitive with UK high street rates.

On the High St we found Thompson to give the best rate of the travel agents but we always check M&S and the PO too as they seem quite competitive.

Thanks everyone! :worship:

As we're not flying I guess I can't use Travelex. Have always used M & S or Post Office before so they look to be a good bet.

Don't forget you can order your euros online with the post office and collect them from your local branch!!!!!See the website for more info, and they have other news too like American express travellers cheques etc that you can now use like a credit card see www.post office.co.uk and select foreign currency. Wifey

Don't forget you can order your euros online with the post office and collect them from your local branch!!!!!See the website for more info, and they have other news too like American express travellers cheques etc that you can now use like a credit card see www.postoffice.co.uk and select foreign currency. Wifey

wifey said:
Don't forget you can order your euros online with the post office and collect them from your local branch!!!!!See the website for more info, and they have other news too like American express travellers cheques etc that you can now use like a credit card see www.postoffice.co.uk and select foreign currency. Wifey
Thanks a lot for that. We're off next week and I was going to get our currency tomorrow. I'll have a look at that (though the link doesn't work for me even though the address is correct :confused3 ).

Diberry it might be your web browser, we can only access this board using Opera on our computer, it does not like other web browsers . Can always enquire at your local post office next time you pass by! ;) Wifey

Thank you - I did manage to get on via Google. I don't like traveller's cheques but am not keen on carrying lots of cash either!! Ah well - a mixture will have to do!!

steve_rob said:
Don't know about prices on the High Street, but based on the discussions we always have on the Florida planning boards, the best rates for currency on the web are always to be had from Travelex.co.uk (have to pickup from airport) and OnlineFX.co.uk (will deliver for a small charge).
Thanks for that - we've ordered via Travelex - a much better rate than the P.O. :sunny:

We'll use whatever gives us the best rate too nearer the time! wifey

We'll use whatever gives us the best rate too nearer the time! wifey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter