Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Hmmm. This does not seem like the kind of pin that scrappers usually do. I can imagine that someone posted a photo on pinpics that was reversed -- I was trying to take a selfie the other day with a card, and the writing came out reversed. I would do a little more research on the pin.

Thank you, I did find another pin on ebay and a pin on pinterest and the eye was looking to the left like mine. I guess these pins are magnetic.

whats wrong with buying overstock pins aka #1 under the scrapper definitions?
I don't think "overstock" is what you mean -- that sounds like Disney ordered more than they could sell, so they marked down the price. Scrapper definition #1 talks about overruns, where the manufacturer purposely makes more than Disney ordered made, and sells them outside of Disney's sales routes. So that's slightly sketchy, but you can't tell the difference in the pin.

However, the real problem is that the vast majority of problem pins are definition #3: fake, counterfeit, made by a different plant in China, from a photo or a description of the pin, so they might look and feel quite different from the real ones.

I don't think "overstock" is what you mean -- that sounds like Disney ordered more than they could sell, so they marked down the price. Scrapper definition #1 talks about overruns, where the manufacturer purposely makes more than Disney ordered made, and sells them outside of Disney's sales routes. So that's slightly sketchy, but you can't tell the difference in the pin.

However, the real problem is that the vast majority of problem pins are definition #3: fake, counterfeit, made by a different plant in China, from a photo or a description of the pin, so they might look and feel quite different from the real ones.

Overrun yea that's what I meant so is there anything really wrong with those?

Overrun yea that's what I meant so is there anything really wrong with those?
Is there anything physically wrong with the pins? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Is there anything wrong with buying them? Well, they're like the old expression "fell off a truck"... they were never intended to be sold outside the retail stream.

But I think the most important question is, if you thought it was okay to buy these pins, how would you know that that's what they were?

Hi All!

I'm new to pin trading, I always wanted to do it as a kid but we never had the money for a collection. I was wondering if anyone bought anything from pin*krazy or judy46777? They both say they sell pins traded at WDW.

Thanks!

What is a good price per pin if you are just buying to trade?

I know nothing about pin trading but am trying to figure something out...someone stole my nieces pin book out of my sister's car at the beach. :(

The three girls have been collecting for years and are devastated.

What is a good price per pin if you are just buying to trade?

I know nothing about pin trading but am trying to figure something out...someone stole my nieces pin book out of my sister's car at the beach. :(

The three girls have been collecting for years and are devastated.
How awful!!

I would pay $2-$2.50 for new pins sealed in a package or on the card. I like to pay ~$1.50 from sellers that I know will send me only genuine pins. I never buy from people selling for less than $1 per pin -- I've learned the hard way that those are almost always fake.

I saw "thetoymart" has over 1000 pins listed, many at 60% off and there are a bunch of cast member exclusive and limited edition pins with like a number of 300 to 1000 in numbers. Might be able to find that hard to find pin there.

I just saw information online about a subscription service "Pin of the Month Club" where you can receive a guaranteed tradeable pin by mail each month. Based on the price of your subscription, it could be great condition, brand new, or brand new still on card. Has anyone signed up - is it legit? I thought it could be a fun way to keep the magic alive for the husband and kids between our trips to WDW.

I just saw information online about a subscription service "Pin of the Month Club" where you can receive a guaranteed tradeable pin by mail each month. Based on the price of your subscription, it could be great condition, brand new, or brand new still on card. Has anyone signed up - is it legit? I thought it could be a fun way to keep the magic alive for the husband and kids between our trips to WDW.

can you share where you found out about this? I am interested and like the idea of having the interest between now and our trip!

can you share where you found out about this? I am interested and like the idea of having the interest between now and our trip!
So sorry I just saw this... the info was on the worldofwalt blog. I emailed the contact address to ask how credit card information was secured, but I never got a response. :confused3

Does anyone know anything about disneytradingpins4u?
I just ordered a lot from them at about $1.25 per pin. I can't say I know much about pins, but they seem nice to me. This is my first purchase though. Here is what I got so you can maybe judge for yourself.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 57
disneypinsaficionado is a seller that trades pins at disney then sells them. Does not check authenticity but does have a disclaimer.
I recently bought a lot of 5 pins + lanyard for about $13. Three of those pins were scrappers and the lanyard may or may not be official Disney (but still cute).
I would probably put this one as yellow or a green with disclaimer.

Anyone know anything about disneytreasures4u?

Also to note I did a few months back before I found this page, buy from kp1012012 a 25 pin lot so my friends and I would have some pins to start off our pin trading adventure and as far as I could tell and after close examination the pins were all legit pins. One MAYBE could have been a scrapper but I couldn't be sure. I've seen the pin now online and it looks identical to the one I had received. I'd put them on the green list since I had a great experience with them.

Thought I would mention it because I keep seeing it pop up in this and other threads..... Mousepinsonline.com is definitely scrappers. Some of them are better quality scrapers, but still scrappers. He buys from China, ya know, those little pins that come in baggies. ;) After shipping, he is selling pins for about $1.20 a pin.

Also, just a hint.... if almost every pin you get is a hidden Mickey, most likely it is scrappers they are selling.

IS MY PIN A SCRAPPER??

• Jagged Edges
• Outside of edges not cut clean
• Lines in surface of pin
• Dull/matte finish
• Coloring is very bright and glossy
• Dips in surface of pin
• Incorrect coloring
• Uneven coloring
• Back of pin is very hard to read
• Pin colors have yellowing or too much green, which are clearly not something yellow or green o This is faces, grey-scales, light blues, etc.
~~~~~o Pluto has a green tint
~~~~~o Goofy has a green or yellow tint
• Pin feels very light
• Pins from 2012 and forward should have serial numbers
• Should have prongs on back
• Small holes (pin holes) in surface of pins
• Mickey heads do not run off back
• **A good portion of the Hidden Mickey and Cast Lanyard Pins Have Been Scrapped

o Mickey Ears are not defined on Hidden Mickey series pins

2-2-2015 4-55-45 PM.jpg 2-2-2015 4-56-39 PM.jpg 2-2-2015 4-57-54 PM.jpg 2-2-2015 4-59-04 PM.jpg 2-2-2015 5-00-54 PM.jpg 2-2-2015 5-02-00 PM.jpg 2-5-2015 12-45-13 PM.jpg 2-2-2015 5-02-41 PM.jpg 2-2-2015 5-03-37 PM.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter