Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Does anyone have any info on googilycub on ebay. I just purchased 2 lanyards and 20 pins from them and I think they are all scrappers :sad1: I am very new to pin trading and had not read this forum before my purchase. Any info would be appreciated.

I just received my order from disneytradingpins4u and they all look like good pins. They arrived quickly in a padded envelope and all were in a Ziploc bag. We are new to pin trading so I hope they are all good. Haven't had a chance to sit down with my son and go through them but can't wait.

Jen

Hi!

I will preface this by saying that I am new to pin trading.

I wanted to let you know that I bought a set of 25 pins from an ebay seller : pins4mepins4you. They were all scrappers...not even good fakes. She did refund me the money, but I was out $3 return shipping.

I just bought the 7 piece Disney Toddlers on Amazon from Toy Box Collectors Shop. These are really good fakes, but scrappers nonetheless. The made in china stamp was crooked on the backs and the colors did not match pin pics. They were very faded and in some spots, the colors didn't match up. I just put in a request for refund and am awaiting approval.

Lesson learned...if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I just bought a lot from domimgood and the pins are received seem to be 100% authentic. No paint dimples, no incorrect waffling, everything seemed crisp and clear. I didn't notice they were on the red list until today when I bought from a new seller who I seem to have many scrappers from. But domimgood seems to be a good seller. Just my opinion. Are there any sellers who sell large lots who are authentically good sellers consistently?

Good to hear that this use to be a legitimate seller but has gone down hill. Received an order today and the pins are thinner and lighter than any other pin we own. The lot contained 2 recognizable characters and the rest were odd "hidden mickey" pins. Contacted seller to express concern and responses were rude and condescending. "The pins you received are 100% tradable and came from Disney lanyards. We DO NOT state the pins are authentic" and thanking me for my threat when i indicated i would be leaving negative feedback. Why are they selling them as Disney when they clearly know otherwise. Stay away!

Does anyone have any info on googilycub on ebay. I just purchased 2 lanyards and 20 pins from them and I think they are all scrappers :sad1: I am very new to pin trading and had not read this forum before my purchase. Any info would be appreciated.

I think you've got your answer. If you think they are scrappers, they probably are. You can look earlier in this thread to see what various options there are for dealing with getting scrappers.

Hi!

I will preface this by saying that I am new to pin trading.

I wanted to let you know that I bought a set of 25 pins from an ebay seller : pins4mepins4you. They were all scrappers...not even good fakes. She did refund me the money, but I was out $3 return shipping.

I just bought the 7 piece Disney Toddlers on Amazon from Toy Box Collectors Shop. These are really good fakes, but scrappers nonetheless. The made in china stamp was crooked on the backs and the colors did not match pin pics. They were very faded and in some spots, the colors didn't match up. I just put in a request for refund and am awaiting approval.

Lesson learned...if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

That's interesting to know that there are scrappers from Amazon sellers, too. I wonder what Amazon's policy is about one of their affiliated sellers selling counterfeit merchandise?

I just received my order from disneytradingpins4u and they all look like good pins. They arrived quickly in a padded envelope and all were in a Ziploc bag. We are new to pin trading so I hope they are all good. Haven't had a chance to sit down with my son and go through them but can't wait.

Jen

I received a pin from disneytradingpins4u earlier this week as well. It was one of the New Fantasyland mystery box pins I have been trying to find. Looked legitimate to me: pattern on the back was good, new Mickey back, etc. Arrived on Friday, and wasn't expected until tomorrow, which was nice.

I tried to find this in the forum, but couldn't. What about Disney Pins $1.15 + Up on Facebook? I've bought from them before and all the pins seemed ok, but I'm certainly not an expert. I'm wondering about their lots rather than the pins they post on Facebook. Any feedback?

I tried to find this in the forum, but couldn't. What about Disney Pins $1.15 + Up on Facebook? I've bought from them before and all the pins seemed ok, but I'm certainly not an expert. I'm wondering about their lots rather than the pins they post on Facebook. Any feedback?

I have bought pin lots from them. The pins were all real. There were no scrappers. Be aware that it can take a while to get them though if their orders are backed up, so you want to order well in advance of a trip.

I have bought pin lots from them. The pins were all real. There were no scrappers. Be aware that it can take a while to get them though if their orders are backed up, so you want to order well in advance of a trip.

Thanks so much! If we go this fall, I'm asking for pins for my birthday in March, so if they don't arrive on time, it's not a huge rush.

I want to know also, I just looked at their lanyard set and came on here to check on them :)

Also monkabuda- there are sets of 10 listed
*looking at the Pin Pics, it looks like some of Monkabuda are scrappers- the McQueen one is missing the checkers in the flag.

I just got my order from disneytradingpins4u today. Lots of them are hidden mickeys but that gives my kids stuff to trade for. She seemed to pay attention to what went in the bag because we got a great mix AND got a Chip AND a Dale on the Astro Orbiter (so my girls can share a set)

I am happy with my purchase and kinda want the kids to let me have one...
Most are brand new but a few have been worn. I have NEVER held a real pin to compare but I checked on here and they seem legit. Her site specifically states that she tries to make sure there are no scrappers in her lots but some may slip through.
What do y'all think?

SAM_0220 by rideswithchrist, on Flickr

Was that a lot? If so how much were they? I'm looking to get some pins for my kids for an upcoming trip.

I'm looking at some pins on Amazon. They're in "original" Disney packaging, they look good on close inspection, and they're around the same price I would pay at a place like the Disney store or at the Orlando airport.

I know I see reviews on Ebay - but what about Amazon? I tried shopping for pins at the Disney website but all I found were a few of the "nerd" ones and 2 "starter" sets. At this rate, we may end up just saving our $$ and shopping for a bunch at the airport before we cruise.

Any input on legit pins would be great...again, I keep seeing Ebay but don't really care for Ebay all that much...thanks :)

Someone had asked about couger85 on ebay. I was reasonably sure that the lots were scrappers but wanted to verify they were tradable. Disney guidelines specify that a Disney copyright needs to be present. When I contacted couger85 just to verify that the pins have a copyright present (not questioning authenticity or where she/he gets their pins), they blocked me from contacting them further or purchasing their products.
If this is their response to a simple question, I would avoid purchasing from them.

Someone had asked about couger85 on ebay. I was reasonably sure that the lots were scrappers but wanted to verify they were tradable. Disney guidelines specify that a Disney copyright needs to be present. When I contacted couger85 just to verify that the pins have a copyright present (not questioning authenticity or where she/he gets their pins), they blocked me from contacting them further or purchasing their products.
If this is their response to a simple question, I would avoid purchasing from them.

If you were pretty sure they were scrapers why would you still want to trade them?

Does anyone know of any reputable sellers from the UK?

Also does anyone know where to look for pictures of pins if pinpics doesn't have one?

Last edited:
I recently bought pin 74053 National Treasure - Movie Stop (GWP) on ebay from kurakka360. I am new to Disney pin collecting and while I have received scrappers recently, however I didn't spend a lot of money on them so it didnt really bother me that much. This pin I spent $35 on and while i never purchased from this seller before. They have a 100% feedback with over 10,000 feedback left. they are from Kissimmee, Florida. I think this is a scrapper because 1. the pin is magnetic. its the first pin i have gotten that is magnetic. 2. the image on the pin is of the all seeing eye, and the image is the mirror opposite of the photo on pinpics.

http://www.pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=74053&keyw=national+treasure

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191183997742?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

this statement was in the item description.
I am aware of all the fake pins being sold on eBay these days, and want to assure you that I do everything in my power to ensure the pins I sell are 100% real (No Scrappers, Fakes). I have been trading for many years and I used to work at the parks so I know how to spot fake pins. All the pins I sell are of course stamped with the Disney logo and are always checked for the tell tale signs of fake pins

I feel kind of stupid for not noticing before I bought that the image was the mirror opposite from pinpics. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what my next move should be if any at all? thanks for any help.

I recently bought pin 74053 National Treasure - Movie Stop (GWP) on ebay from kurakka360. I am new to Disney pin collecting and while I have received scrappers recently, however I didn't spend a lot of money on them so it didnt really bother me that much. This pin I spent $35 on and while i never purchased from this seller before. They have a 100% feedback with over 10,000 feedback left. they are from Kissimmee, Florida. I think this is a scrapper because 1. the pin is magnetic. its the first pin i have gotten that is magnetic. 2. the image on the pin is of the all seeing eye, and the image is the mirror opposite of the photo on pinpics.

http://www.pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=74053&keyw=national+treasure

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191183997742?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

this statement was in the item description.
I am aware of all the fake pins being sold on eBay these days, and want to assure you that I do everything in my power to ensure the pins I sell are 100% real (No Scrappers, Fakes). I have been trading for many years and I used to work at the parks so I know how to spot fake pins. All the pins I sell are of course stamped with the Disney logo and are always checked for the tell tale signs of fake pins

I feel kind of stupid for not noticing before I bought that the image was the mirror opposite from pinpics. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what my next move should be if any at all? thanks for any help.
Hmmm. This does not seem like the kind of pin that scrappers usually do. I can imagine that someone posted a photo on pinpics that was reversed -- I was trying to take a selfie the other day with a card, and the writing came out reversed. I would do a little more research on the pin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter