Golf Cart Rental Drop-off

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
Is there a specific end-time of day where you can drop off the golf cart rentals? I am visiting in December and myself and 2 friends got reservations at HDDR (the late show). Because I hear all of you campers have such awesome decorations, we decided to rent a golf cart for the evening to drive around and see it.

That afternoon I'm going to be getting lunch at Disney Springs and figure I can take a bus to Fort Wilderness to pick up the golf cart (I've already called in and reserved one), and after seeing a bit of the Fort in daytime, park it over near the boat dock. Then I could take the boat either over to Magic Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge (I'm doing a split stay and switching over there this day). In the later afternoon/evening, I will meet up with my friends and hopefully we'll be able to see the decorations before our dinner.

Now at the end of the night, I'm debating what to do. Should I take the golf cart back up to the front and drop it off (and if so, are there specific hours when that's allowed), then take the inter-resort bus back to the boat dock and head over to WL? (I think my friends are staying at Coronado Springs, so I'd expect they will either get a Minnie Van from Pioneer Hall, or maybe come with me to drop off golf cart and call Uber from there.) Or do I need to wait until the next morning, keeping the cart parked outside the boat dock, and then come back over the next morning to take it up to the front?

Lesley,

Disney golf cart rentals are generally timed to coincide with checkin and checkout times. As in, OFFICIALLY, you can pick up a cart starting at 3pm and OFFICIALLY it must be returned by 11am. I capped the word "officially" because if you get to the Fort early (say noon), sometimes they let you get it early. Same for returning it late (not as much leeway though).

Whenever you are done with it (that night, early in the morning), you can drive the cart back up by the checkin building where you initially got it and there is a key drop box if a CM is not working the cart stand outside. So you can turn it in that night when you're finished and figure a way back to your resort.

If you do leave it overnight some place, obviously, take the key with you and then bring it when you come back to turn it in. Don't leave it with the cart overnight.

Bama Ed

Is there a bus to catch after he turns the cart in that would stop at Wilderness Lodge?

He could catch the internal bus back to the dock and then take boat back to Wilderness. Usually the park buses from the Fort go to Wildness Lodge after they pickup at the Fort (unless that’s changed since last year). Obviously confirm with the park bus driver before getting on but that’s what I remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter