Golf cart parking

Okay, I know I have been off the boards for a while. When did they start charging a fee for parking at the Fort? Even at the cabins?

I did find a web site that indicates there is a "Self-Parking" Fee of $19, but if that is the case, I would have to assume that it's part of the overall cost and bundled in to the cost of the site/cabin (sort of like a tax).

I can't imagine a separate fee for the GC to park there.

Okay, I know I have been off the boards for a while. When did they start charging a fee for parking at the Fort? Even at the cabins?

I did find a web site that indicates there is a "Self-Parking" Fee of $19, but if that is the case, I would have to assume that it's part of the overall cost and bundled in to the cost of the site/cabin (sort of like a tax).

I can't imagine a separate fee for the GC to park there.
Welcome back.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/parking-at-the-fort-charges-coming.3670270/

What if you leave your car in the front parking lot and only take the golf cart to the cabin?

As far as I know this new fee is basically anyone staying on property and not at a camp site is paying this fee. In Disney's mind a Cabin is a moderate so to get that permit to park in the front lot you need to pay the $19 a night. Just like any other resort guest parking their car in their resort's parking lot and not touching it for their entire stay.

I don't know, maybe this has been addressed (or not), but you still get a pass for parking at the parks.... so I would take my stuff to the resort, then go park in the Lot for the parks. Take Disney Transportation to get back and forth. Sure it's inconvenient, but if you aren't doing a lot of driving anyway....... For a week long stay at a moderate, you could be looking at $140+ additional.

Alas... as long as people keep paying, WDW will keep collecting.

Kids are getting older now.... Maybe time to find another "Destination"

I don't know, maybe this has been addressed (or not), but you still get a pass for parking at the parks.... so I would take my stuff to the resort, then go park in the Lot for the parks. Take Disney Transportation to get back and forth. Sure it's inconvenient, but if you aren't doing a lot of driving anyway....... For a week long stay at a moderate, you could be looking at $140+ additional.

Alas... as long as people keep paying, WDW will keep collecting.

Kids are getting older now.... Maybe time to find another "Destination"

Do you mean park your car at the parks 24/7?

Two issues, to get your park pass, isn't "it" on your Magic Band, you need to tell them at registration you have a car so therefor you are charged a per night fee. This has been brought up to avoid the per night fee at the Swan and Dolphin.

Second any car left for more than a few nights will probably be towed as an abandoned car. I have heard one night is ok since they assume you had too much to drink and did the responsible thing and took some other form or transportation back to your resort. Unless you wan the hassle of moving your car every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter