Golf Cart - Do I really need one?

I have stayed at the Fort a couple of times as a child and the wait for the buses never bothered me, but my fiance and I will be staying for our honeymoon and we were considering a golf cart as well. We will have a few days of dining and show reservations and I'm not sure I am comfortable waiting for the internal buses, I don't want to miss our reservation! It happened to my sister and brother in law the last time we went and I never forgot how upset they were. Probably an isolated incident but now I am paranoid. One of our reservations is at AK and I've heard it can be a long drive, anyone have experience with that they can share? We might just rent a car though, it's cheaper than renting the carts. Oh Disney...;)
Winchester congrats on your up coming nuptials but remember the chief cause of divorce in America is Marrriage.
Having a cart is a great way to get around inside Fort Wilderness but taking it outside of those boundaries is a certified DISNEY NO NO. Disney recommends that you plan on a commute time of 1 hour to get from 1 location on property to another I personally try to plan on an hour and a half this way if problems arise I can find an alterative

Winchester congrats on your up coming nuptials but remember the chief cause of divorce in America is Marrriage.
Having a cart is a great way to get around inside Fort Wilderness but taking it outside of those boundaries is a certified DISNEY NO NO. Disney recommends that you plan on a commute time of 1 hour to get from 1 location on property to another I personally try to plan on an hour and a half this way if problems arise I can find an alterative
Thanks! Yeah, I know we aren't allowed to bring them outside of FW, we really just wanted it to cut down on time between getting from our bus stop to the boats or main bus stop. I normally don't mind waiting for the buses (I think they are fun!) but having to rely on someone else to get us to a reservation on time, or having to plan on adding time to our travels isn't ideal. It's doable for sure, but it would be nice to have the cart or a car (our best bet) on the days we will have less flexible plans to make things easier.

If you have an ECV it would mostly eliminate the issue. My mom doesn't have one of her own, and just rents one in the parks. I am thinking of renting one elsewhere and bringing it with us next time if I have have enough payload left in the truck when towing the trailer. How much does an ECV weigh?

ECVs can weigh from very lightweight to very heavy, depending on brand and model. There are four off site companies who can deliver and pick up from your Disney resort. They are all cheaper and nicer than the huge ones they rent at the parks. Check out the disabilities forum here, they have a sticky post with all the rental info.

If you have an ECV it would mostly eliminate the issue. My mom doesn't have one of her own, and just rents one in the parks. I am thinking of renting one elsewhere and bringing it with us next time if I have have enough payload left in the truck when towing the trailer. How much does an ECV weigh?

No need to rent one to bring with you from home as there are a few of ECV providers near Disney that deliver. Disney has what they call "Featured Providers" for ECV rentals. As a Featured Provider they will deliver the ECV right to your resort and ytou do not have to be there for pick up or drop off. If you rent from a non-featured provider you have to be there to pick up and drop off.

Off the top of my head I can think of
https://www.applescooter.com/Orland...MIranl6uOP2gIVijyBCh3uzQqgEAAYASAAEgL0KPD_BwE and
https://www.buenavistascooters.com/

Any Featured Provider will have the logo on their website. We have rented from Apple two or three times and never had an issue.

FortForever and Jimsig,
Thanks for the info. I'll look into those, maybe I won't need (meaning mom, DW, or others wont want) a golf cart next time.

So that means I go down officially as, Golf Cart is not a necessity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!