Golden Coral just outside Disney Springs

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
Hello: Anyone has eaten at the Golden Coral just outside Disney Springs lately? What were the costs and what are your reviews? Thanks.

Golden Corral in general is terrible and any budget buffet will have twice as many unsupervised kids sticking their fingers in the food, especially one near Disney with tired and/or apathetic parents. The last time we went to a Golden Corral (years ago) there were kids getting food out off of the buffet with their hands, licking their fingers, and going back for more. I can barely handle Disney buffets, but Golden Corral is a whole lower level of trashy behavior.

Hello: Anyone has eaten at the Golden Coral just outside Disney Springs lately? What were the costs and what are your reviews? Thanks.
Have not been for a few years but have always enjoyed the choice and food there

I ate at Golden Corral twice, not in Orlando. The first time I was impressed by the vast variety of options. The second time I realized the food was almost mediocre.

Customers who have gastrointestinal issues after dinning will blame the food. Germs from other customers handling the food is more likely

As someone who managed a Golden Corral for years, please don't judge all of them because of how the ones in tourist traps are. The ones on I drive and Branson and such, because they have a never ending line of tourist guests, don't seem to really care or try, the same way that smaller franchises do. Franchises where it's owned by someone who only owns 1 or 2 care a lot more about their guests and work very hard to keep a clean store and good fresh food. The one on I drive is part of like, a 20 store franchise and they will have amazing sales and profits just because of where they are located. Most of their guests are not going to be the weekly repeat customers that many stores depend on, so they do not work to have the same level of guest satisfaction.

I ate at Golden Corral twice, not in Orlando. The first time I was impressed by the vast variety of options. The second time I realized the food was almost mediocre.

Customers who have gastrointestinal issues after dinning will blame the food. Germs from other customers handling the food is more likely
This... Most of the time it is not really food borne or due to staff cleanliness. It's more due to gross customers who don't wash their hands after using the restroom, or who go out to eat when they are sick and then contaminate everything else. So yeah, you may have gotten sick there, but it likely isn't due to anything the staff did.

This... Most of the time it is not really food borne or due to staff cleanliness. It's more due to gross customers who don't wash their hands after using the restroom, or who go out to eat when they are sick and then contaminate everything else. So yeah, you may have gotten sick there, but it likely isn't due to anything the staff did.
This is why I'm not a big fan of buffets in general. You just used that big spoon after someone with norovirus, and then touched your own fork, glass, and had your hands all over your dinner roll.

This is why I'm not a big fan of buffets in general. You just used that big spoon after someone with norovirus, and then touched your own fork, glass, and had your hands all over your dinner roll.
I can respect that. Some people just don't like buffets in general. But to be fair, anywhere you go, you likely touched a door, a chair, a table, lots of things that really aren't clean that could have a virus on it as well. It's just that at a buffet more people touch the spoon so if one person was sick and touched it, 50 more people might touch that vs a sick person at a table, where maybe 16 people will be sat at that table during a shift, and maybe only 5 of them will have used the ketchup bottle at the table.

I think the key is to be there at the moment they open for breakfast. Being some of the very first guest for breakfast might make the buffet better? We are going to travel off property almost every single morning for breakfast in order to eat good and be at EE when I want to be. Disney's CS and TS restaurants open too late to achieve both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter