Gold Mobility Scooter - rear basket?

lizziepooh

DIS Veteran
Has anyone rented a scooter from Gold Mobility and selected the rear basket as an option? Does it stick out making parking on the busses or going thru lines more difficult? Can it be removed easily if it is a problem?

I've rented a 4-wheel scooter from Gold Mobility a few times and sometimes request a rear basket, especially in colder weather when I carry a waterproof raincoat and some ponchos. The basket does protrude on some of the buses and makes maneuvering and parking difficult, but it is easy and quick to pull the basket off before you get on the bus and have a traveling companion carry it, or put it on your lap during the bus transportation. When you pick up your scooter ask the rep how to remove the rear basket, but if you forget to ask, it really is simple.

Has anyone rented a scooter from Gold Mobility and selected the rear basket as an option? Does it stick out making parking on the busses or going thru lines more difficult? Can it be removed easily if it is a problem?

It won't bother *you* much... the people behind you may not like it LOL

Parking on buses can be affected (pre-COVID - can't speak to what is happening now) depending on which "spot" on the bus you were told to park in, a rear basket could be problematic, especially if you also had a front basket.

At the end of the day, any device you use at Disney just has to fit in that white rectangle box that you will see painted on the ground at bus stops, which is 30 inches wide by 48 inches long.

The scooter, with the rear basket attached, is oversized and won't fit in the sizing box. Some drivers, some buses will let it slide. It's not just buses. You might have to remove the basket for some boats. The scooter, with the basket, can be a tight fit on some elevators.

It comes off easy. Probably not an issue if you have a companion. My memory is you loosed two nuts and it slides off. Piece of cake if the basket is empty. Can be an issue if you have the basket filled with heavy items like bottled water.

Last trip Gold Mobility ran out of baskets. We could have gotten one delivered but timing didn't work. It was easier just putting a back pack on the back of the scooter. Plenty of room for a few bottles of water, rain ponchos, snack food etc..

My Mom gets the smaller 3 wheel scooter (go-go pride maybe?) with the back basket. Never had a problem with it. Never asked to remove it or had problems fitting with it. i could see on the bigger scooters how it might be an issue.

I always ask for the rear basket when I rent from Gold Mobility snd I've never had a problem As a matter of fact, I just reserved a scooter for my next vacation, and the first thing I asked for was the rear basket However, I completely agree with the above poster I also rent the smaller Go/Go (I think it's the Sport model) the only place it was a little tight was in the elevator the main building at the Poly I think that elevator is a little small, so I had to pull in at a slight angle Everywhere else was GREAT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter