Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband rented a four wheel Victory 10 on our trip in January, we went again in June and we both rented a Maxima. Since he had the four wheel, he felt stability was about the same, but the Maxima was much easier to maneuver, especially on the buses and the seat was actually more comfortable than on the victory 10. One thing we did both have issues with on the Maxima was the rear view mirror, neither of us found it useful, as it vibrates when moving and you can't really see things, but it seems easy to remove, in fact mine cane off at one point and my husband figured out how to put it back on, Gold Mobility would have too, but he had figured it out before we tried to contact them and your preference on the mirror may vary.

One thing to note is if you are going through narrow door ways or other narrow paths, put both arm rests down, it will make it easier to not get caught on the doorway.

Also, we did take them to Sea World one day, we used public Transit from the Disney Springs station. One thing to note with this is they only work on the double long public buses, the single long ones don't quite work due to the placement of the machine that takes your money. There were no issues on the Disney buses though.

We were the first ones to rent the Maximas from them, so they weren't sure how the battery would fair at Dea World, they did fine and we did a lot of back tracking throughout the day. That to me is the best reason to go for the Maxima, we only took the chargers with us once (on our Sea World day), they simply stay plugged into the wall in our room the entire trip after that, as we knew if they could make it an entire day there, we would be good anywhere.

So, to make a long story short (too late), yes, both my husband and I think it is worth the extra $20 for the Maxima.
Thank you, We call them today and upgraded.

We took a last minute 3 day trip at Grand Floridian over the weekend. Gold accommodated us with only 2 days notice. There were no maxima's scooters available last minute, but they had 2 brand new Victory 4 wheel scooters that suited our needs just fine. The Fan was life saver. We only went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot this time around. The battery charge never moved from the full mark even once. We are looking forward to trying the maxima size on our longer trip in September. As far as the service goes, it continues to be the same as everyone else has reported here. Gold Mobility is far better and lesser expensive than any other scooter rental company we have ever used.

We took a last minute 3 day trip at Grand Floridian over the weekend. Gold accommodated us with only 2 days notice. There were no maxima's scooters available last minute, but they had 2 brand new Victory 4 wheel scooters that suited our needs just fine. The Fan was life saver. We only went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot this time around. The battery charge never moved from the full mark even once. We are looking forward to trying the maxima size on our longer trip in September. As far as the service goes, it continues to be the same as everyone else has reported here. Gold Mobility is far better and lesser expensive than any other scooter rental company we have ever used.
Glad to hear everyones having a consistently good experience.

Gold Mobility is having a large sale of used and new mobility scooters.

I saw this on Facebook.

67464573_888781068156908_1407025341934862336_o.jpg

In-Store Offer
USED AND NEW DEMONSTRATION MOBILITY SCOOTER CLEARANCE SALE *********LIMITED QUANTITIES****** **** FIRST COME FIRST SERVE TODAY ONLY **** WE HAVE 80 USED SCOOTERS READY FOR SALE THIS TIME. PLUS WE HAVE 18 BRAND NEW CLEARANCE MOBILITY SCOOTERS AND LIFT CHAIRS MODELS READY FOR IMMEDIATE CLEARANCE.
Expires Aug 27, 2019
USED AND NEW DEMONSTRATION MOBILITY SCOOTER CLEARANCE SALE *********LIMITED QUANTITIES****** **** FIRST COME FIRST SERVE TODAY ONLY **** WE HAVE 80 USED SCOOTERS READY FOR SALE THIS TIME. PLUS WE HAVE 18 BRAND NEW CLEARANCE MOBILITY SCOOTERS AND LIFT CHAIRS MODELS READY FOR IMMEDIATE CLEARANCE. Less
Get Directions

map_tile.php
map_tile.php
map_tile.php
map_tile.php
map_tile.php
map_tile.php

uU4t9axqGOH.png

+-

Highlights info row image

5720 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, Florida 34746
Get Directions
Highlights info row image

Hours 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Open Now
Page Information

Gold Mobility Scooters LLC

Scooter Rental
5,034 like this

Gold Mobility Scooters LLC is in Orlando, Florida.
5 hrs ·
The Pride Maxima 3 Wheel mobility scooters are the best choice for customers in the 375-500LB weight range traveling to the Central Florida Theme Parks and resorts. The Maxima is the highest capacity mobility scooter that Pride offers at up to 500 LBS Capacity. Longest Range 55AMP batteries. This mobility scooter meets all Theme Park and Resort requirements for use in all Theme parks and resorts. Gold Mobility has added this new scooter rental option to accommodate more guests than ever before. We've extensively pre-tested the Pride Maxima for maneuverability, and transportation on all the all transportation systems. We've also tested endurance, durability, and battery life in all the Theme Parks.
The SPECIAL Flat Rate Price for up to 7 Days price will be available for an introductory offer of $199.99* plus $10 for each additional day after 7 (regular $299.99) for the first 90 days.
*Including the Damage Waiver Insurance, delivery and pickup, and one Free additional option, 4 Free rain poncho's and control covers.
ADDITIONAL FREE OPTIONS GMS ADD's:
BRIGHT LED Ground Safety lights
Ram - X Cell Phone Holder
Gold Reflective Package
Extended Range Batteries
TWO USB Accessory / Charging Ports
Variable Speed Cooling Fan
Upgraded BRIGHT LED Headlight
2 Cupholders
Seat back storage compartment
Currently the Pride Maxima is available for rental reservations, but all reservations MUST BE CALLED into our customer service team due to high demand for this particular scooter. Maxima's are not yet available on our website yet. Call today to reserve yours today 407-414-0287. Maxima scooters are only delivered to theme park owned resort hotels, and can only be transported on theme park owned transportation systems.

67321733_888958444805837_1659810207691177984_n.jpg

I have a pride victory booked for my parents. Should I call and ask for the maxima? My parents are larger but not in the listed range.

I have a pride victory booked for my parents. Should I call and ask for the maxima? My parents are larger but not in the listed range.

Hi, DazzleT. I don't know. Have they used the Pride Victory before? They are good mobility scooters?

I am not going to ask you about their weights. The Maxima has a higher weight capacity.

And I don't know if this is a better cost for you either with their sale.

Why don't you give them a call and ask them?

Gold Mobility is having a large sale of used and new mobility scooters.

I saw this on Facebook.

67464573_888781068156908_1407025341934862336_o.jpg
Thank you for pointing this out. We were there renting two scooters a few weeks ago, and they weren't selling the used ones yet. I called yesterday when I saw the Facebook post and purchased two of them. I'm going back in September for the food and wine festival and we are going to bring them home on the plane. The airline told us they fly scooters for free. Gold Mobility deducted the price of my last rentals because they were within 30 days. This also saves us the rental cost for the ones we reserved for our September trip. We purchased 2 Victory 3 wheels with all the accessories. The ones we picked were $1200 each but they had cheaper ones. I wanted scooters that still looked like new. $1200 minus the $195.00 rental credit each brought each scooter to $1000. If I factor in the savings of $200 on the next rental in September that brings them down to $800 each. When we priced the new Victory 10 on a discount scooter site then added all the accessories they were $2400 each. So we saved almost 70% over buying a new one. They also agreed to hold them for up to 60 days in their warehouse, and deliver them to our hotel when we arrive in September. Glad I didn't miss this.

Hi, Madeleine. Isn't that a great deal! Congratulations!

A great price from a responsible company instead of buying new online or used from an individual that may not have taken good care. Plus no mailing fees.

If they were available back when I was looking for a mobility scooter, I wouldn't think twice about buying from them.

Thank you for pointing this out. We were there renting two scooters a few weeks ago, and they weren't selling the used ones yet. I called yesterday when I saw the Facebook post and purchased two of them. I'm going back in September for the food and wine festival and we are going to bring them home on the plane. The airline told us they fly scooters for free. Gold Mobility deducted the price of my last rentals because they were within 30 days. This also saves us the rental cost for the ones we reserved for our September trip. We purchased 2 Victory 3 wheels with all the accessories. The ones we picked were $1200 each but they had cheaper ones. I wanted scooters that still looked like new. $1200 minus the $195.00 rental credit each brought each scooter to $1000. If I factor in the savings of $200 on the next rental in September that brings them down to $800 each. When we priced the new Victory 10 on a discount scooter site then added all the accessories they were $2400 each. So we saved almost 70% over buying a new one. They also agreed to hold them for up to 60 days in their warehouse, and deliver them to our hotel when we arrive in September. Glad I didn't miss this.

I just rented from Gold Mobility Scooters and could not have had a better experience. I highly recommend them. They are professional, super nice, the scooter was easy to maneuver and held a top notch charge all 12 hours of zipping around. I will never rent with anyone else.

I apologize, haven't read through the whole thread. I was wondering how it works with scheduling a time for them to meet you with the scooter. I don't want to sit around the hotel wasting time waiting, but also can't guarantee a time in advance because of the flight, magical express etc.. Can you contact them when you board the magical express or is that too short notice for them to meet you at the hotel? I don't know how far they need to travel.

I apologize, haven't read through the whole thread. I was wondering how it works with scheduling a time for them to meet you with the scooter. I don't want to sit around the hotel wasting time waiting, but also can't guarantee a time in advance because of the flight, magical express etc.. Can you contact them when you board the magical express or is that too short notice for them to meet you at the hotel? I don't know how far they need to travel.

I haven’t done this yet, but I gave them my flight time and I am supposed to text them when I get on the magical express. People tell me they will be there when I arrive.

This is one of then areas I was really impressed with. They almost meet you as you step off the DME bus, from many reports I've heard. Last time I had to wait about 10 minutes on a bench outside, and they were so appologetic when they arrived about making me wait "so long". But traffic was exceptionally bad (I experienced that!)-they texted me several times during the brief delay.

I ordered my Mom's scooter for the morning after we arrive (we land at MCO around 11:30 PM). Our scheduled time is for 10 AM (already had 6-8 for 9 AM and asked if we could do a different time). I am sure we will be texting that morning to firm up the exact drop off time. They do know we are arriving the night before very late.

I'm interested to hear that they practically meet you off the bus. The thing is, they say they'll deliver up to 8pm. This coming trip our flights gets in around 3.15pm (assuming it's on time), so I guess we'll probably get to AKL before 6pm. I don't know whether I want them there the minute we get there - we'll be busy checking in and dealing with suitcases etc. So, I thought it would be good to have them come a little later so we can time our evening meal at The Mara so we can be at the lobby when they arrive.

Mind you, we got no phone signal at all down in Boma back in 2014 and the company we were using then just drove off because they couldn't contact me!!! I tried ringing them back but just got their voicemail. Huge relief to find that they'd actually been able to leave the scooter with Bell Services at AKL even though technically they're not allowed, but this was a replacement of one which died at Epcot the night before, and it was in terrible condition! So, if I had been able to meet the driver it would have been an awkward conversation!

So, seriously guys, what do you recommend? At this point we have no idea where our room will be - and how many 'miles' away from reception it'll be. I don't want to have to schlepp all the way over to the Zebra Trail, for example and then have to come back again to collect the scooter. I have trouble walking, but can do fairly short distances on my cane.

While I understand you not wanting to meet them right off the bus, that's what I would recommend. You could get your suitcases off the bus, meet the representative from Gold and then proceed to check in. You will then be able to have an enjoyable meal, (no rushing), relax and let your vacation begin.

I'm basing this on the fact that you can walk short distances with a cane, but how are you with just standing in lines (at check in)? Walking for dinner, getting to your room and back? I'm not sure how far Mara is from Magic Express drop off.

Adding on to what @Bjkanma recommend, it sounds like you are traveling with others? Adults? You could wait outside with the luggage for the ECV while another adult checks in.

While I understand you not wanting to meet them right off the bus, that's what I would recommend. You could get your suitcases off the bus, meet the representative from Gold and then proceed to check in. You will then be able to have an enjoyable meal, (no rushing), relax and let your vacation begin.

I'm basing this on the fact that you can walk short distances with a cane, but how are you with just standing in lines (at check in)? Walking for dinner, getting to your room and back? I'm not sure how far Mara is from Magic Express drop off.

Going on what we experienced in September 2018, where we stayed 1 night at AKL on points before transferring to OKW for the main part of our holiday (and where we had the scooter delivered), Bell Services took our luggage from our car for us and hubby went off and parked the car. He then joined me and daughter at check in. You just tell Bell Services you're going to your room and they then bring the bags up literally minutes after you're in your room. So, that and basing our experience on staying at AKL previously with just hubby in 2016 Bell Services are amazing at AKL. That is one thing I don't worry about.

I can walk the relatively short distance to the Mara: down in the elevator and literally out the doors, follow the path round to the left and the Mara is there. It's probably easier without the scooter, thinking about it, due to there being two sets of automatic doors between the building and the outside and then another one to get into Mara.

Adding on to what @Bjkanma recommend, it sounds like you are traveling with others? Adults? You could wait outside with the luggage for the ECV while another adult checks in.

Just me and the hubby this time. I check in as everything (and the CC) is all in my name. Also he's a bit of a 'tag along' person and wouldn't know what questions to ask or think about negotiating a better room if the one we've been allocated isn't good enough!

Going on what we experienced in September 2018, where we stayed 1 night at AKL on points before transferring to OKW for the main part of our holiday (and where we had the scooter delivered), Bell Services took our luggage from our car for us and hubby went off and parked the car. He then joined me and daughter at check in. You just tell Bell Services you're going to your room and they then bring the bags up literally minutes after you're in your room. So, that and basing our experience on staying at AKL previously with just hubby in 2016 Bell Services are amazing at AKL. That is one thing I don't worry about.

I can walk the relatively short distance to the Mara: down in the elevator and literally out the doors, follow the path round to the left and the Mara is there. It's probably easier without the scooter, thinking about it, due to there being two sets of automatic doors between the building and the outside and then another one to get into Mara.

Just me and the hubby this time. I check in as everything (and the CC) is all in my name. Also he's a bit of a 'tag along' person and wouldn't know what questions to ask or think about negotiating a better room if the one we've been allocated isn't good enough!

I would still vote for an immediate delivery - that way it's one less thing you have to worry about later, and if your plans change for some reason, you don't have to worry about the scooter delivery.

It really doesn't take very long to take delivery of the scooter, and once it's over and done, you can really start your Disney fun! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!