Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any anyone here used the new maxima scooter yet? I saw it on their facebook page. I was thinking about upgrading but i'm not sure. Any feedback would be great.

I'm looking to use Gold for our trip next February, but am a bit unsure where I would stand on cosmetic damage caused when parking, grazing against kerbs etc. Their T&Cs seem to suggest that I would be fully responsible for any repairs - the company I've been using for the last 5 years don't do that.

The term 'all inclusive price' also makes me think: as a Brit I assume 'all inclusive' means the price on screen IS the price you pay. When I went to check out, it said under the price 'tax will be added ...'. Sorry, but that's not 'all inclusive'!

So ... I'm now torn. The company I've been using (Florida Mobility) have been good to me with 20% discount flash sales etc, however every year the scooter they turn up with is in worse and worse condition. The one I had this year, for example, had something rubbing, no 'umph' and the battery was draining within a few hours. A couple of times I barely got over the bridges at POR, and I was literally on the last throes halfway round World Showcase. Thank goodness American Adventure was still open and I was able to plug the scooter in there while we went upstairs and watched the long show! I have NEVER had to do top-up charging in all the years I've been using them before. They told me there was nothing wrong with the scooter. Hmmm.

@Toffeewoffy I've used Gold Mobility my past 3 trips. The way that I interpret "all-inclusive" is they do not charge you for the extras (accessories, damage waiver, delivery, and pickup) like other rentals. Most companies in the U.S. (regardless of product) won't show you the tax until you get to the checkout page and are about to pay.

I can't recommend Gold highly enough. They have the best customer service of any rental place I have used in the past. Plus they recycle their fleet every few months, so your rental will look almost new. Unless you plan on playing "bumper cars" or "demolition derby" with your ECV, I wouldn't really worry too much. As long as you charge the battery overnight, you won't have any problems. I was able to go 12 hours without having to do a mid-day recharge. The indicator only went down one notch (still having 3 left in the "green").

Before I selected Gold Mobility, I questioned them on damages to the scooter. I too had a concern about being responsible for damages. Things happen all the time. "Life happens". I was told they have only had one instance where a customer had a scooter behind their vehicle to load. Forgot. Got in vehi cl e and backed over and on top of scooter, that they asked to be compensated for. I think you'd be more than good to go. As stated above every six months or so they switch out their scooters so you wouldn't be dealing with one that breaks down.

this will be my first time renting from them. I've rented from another company 6 years in a row. When I asked for a quote they told me i was a preferred customer, entitled to a discount. TheiR quote was $450. Gold Mobility,(same type of scooter, canopy, insurance) $300.

Thanks for your feedback. I love the idea of having a drinks holder (means I can carry more in my basket) and the fan would come in extremely useful - I assume it runs off the internal battery and so would discharge it faster. I guess this also means that if you're in the habit of turning off the scooter when you know you're going to be stationary for a while (eg in a queue or watching a show) it means the fan will go off as well. Or will it?

A canopy would be a good idea - except not in a park, as I think it would be obstructive for everyone else around me - especially if parked up to watch fireworks or parades etc. I think the only free extra which would work for me would be a stick holding: mine is a folding stick and I usually keep it in the front basket, but again it takes up valuable room. The rear basket, while a good idea, wouldn't be practical for buses as I think it would make the scooter significantly longer. The phone holder does not appeal to me, as I usually only use it as a camera while in parks, and I also wouldn't want the worry of someone snatching it.

I've used the canopy only during day, during shows you can very easily remove it and place on floor directly in front of you. For parades th are are areas for handicapped scoot ers, you stay in your scooter. People with you, as well as anyone who can will be required to stand. So the canopy isn't in their way. The same for the fireworks. (I love Disney, unfortunately the medicine I take, I'm supposed to limit the sun).

as far as the fan goes, even if it shuts off during shows, a lot are indoors with a\c

We rented from Gold and had a great experience. My MIL broke the fan on her scooter.. I mean she ripped that thing right off. Somehow she hit the trigger to keep going when in a line and drove right into a rope.... nearly strangled herself along with ripping that fan right off the scooter. Gold Mobility pick up driver said NO WORRIES!!! We were not charged for the replacement of the fan. ( though we would have if they charged us).

I've used the canopy only during day, during shows you can very easily remove it and place on floor directly in front of you. For parades th are are areas for handicapped scoot ers, you stay in your scooter. People with you, as well as anyone who can will be required to stand. So the canopy isn't in their way. The same for the fireworks. (I love Disney, unfortunately the medicine I take, I'm supposed to limit the sun).

as far as the fan goes, even if it shuts off during shows, a lot are indoors with a\c

Actually, they fill the roped off areas to capacity. I was second row back last September, and asked the woman half in front of me if she minded awfully taking her 'flag pole' down just for the show as I was intending to video it. There were people behind me, as well. My daughter stood to one side, and my hubby (who turned up late, and was lucky they let him join us) stood behind the scooter.

Has any anyone here used that new maxima scooter yet for Gold Mobility ? I saw it on their facebook page last week. I was thinking about upgrading but i'm not sure. I'm wondering if it worth the $20 to upgrade for the extra stability.

Gold Mobility Scooters LLC
6 hrs ·
This is the 3 wheel model of the Pride GOGO sport scooter line we offer for a transportable mobility rental scooter. The GOGO sport scooter is the best portable scooter in the GOGO line of portable scooters. The most legroom, the highest weight capacity, and the largest battery. The GOGO sport is the #1 choice of mobility scooter renters when it comes to needing a scooter that can be transported in the trunk of a rental car or UBER or LYFT. We upgrade the GOGO Sport Scooter with a built-in USB charging port for your phone, phone holder, cup holder, undercarriage LED lights and the extended range battery pack. The Pride GOGO sport also comes in a 3 and 4 wheel version for the same price! The GOGO sport portable mobility scooter is the most dependable portable mobility scooter on the market today.
At Gold Mobility we rent the GOGO Sport mobility scooter for $149.99 for a simple 1-7 day flat rate rental fee. The fee includes white glove in-person pick-up and delivery on your schedule, 24-hour concierge service, damage waiver insurance, 4 Free rain ponchos, and a waterproof scooter control cover. We replace all our mobility scooters after 6 months of use. So our customers always receive a like new rental scooter every time. All rentals come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Book your Gold Mobility rental scooter 24 hours a day at *********************com or if you prefer to pay for your rental at the time of delivery call us 8AM-8PM 7 days a week at 407-414-0287. No Deposits, No credit card holds, No cancellation fee's, and No change fee's ever. Book with GMS today don't wait!

66025793_873340109701004_2539792317368238080_n.jpg

65518892_873340003034348_8753993525139341312_n.jpg

Does anyone know the delivery window of the scooters and how on time they are? I'm really interested in renting from them but I need it as soon as I arrive but I'm worried that if I'm late, I will miss them. Or worse, I miss a reservation waiting on them! :)

If you read bacj even through just the last few pages, you will see how prompt and efficient Gold Mobility is. Your bigger worry should be your flight. Making reservations or other timed plans within probably three hours of your scheduled arrival can be risky.

Does anyone know the delivery window of the scooters and how on time they are? I'm really interested in renting from them but I need it as soon as I arrive but I'm worried that if I'm late, I will miss them. Or worse, I miss a reservation waiting on them! :)
Flight was delayed and texted them updates. Last text was when the bus left the airport. They got there the same time bus arrived at resort. Pick up time was at the stated agreed time.

Flight was delayed and texted them updates. Last text was when the bus left the airport. They got there the same time bus arrived at resort. Pick up time was at the stated agreed time.
Thanks so much! That’s very helpful to know.

They usually are a few minutes early if nothing else, at least the two times we gave rented from them they have been and they will wait for you if you aren't ready because they showed up early, no problems there.

Last edited:
Has any anyone here used that new maxima scooter yet for Gold Mobility ? I saw it on their facebook page last week. I was thinking about upgrading but i'm not sure. I'm wondering if it worth the $20 to upgrade for the extra stability.
My husband rented a four wheel Victory 10 on our trip in January, we went again in June and we both rented a Maxima. Since he had the four wheel, he felt stability was about the same, but the Maxima was much easier to maneuver, especially on the buses and the seat was actually more comfortable than on the victory 10. One thing we did both have issues with on the Maxima was the rear view mirror, neither of us found it useful, as it vibrates when moving and you can't really see things, but it seems easy to remove, in fact mine cane off at one point and my husband figured out how to put it back on, Gold Mobility would have too, but he had figured it out before we tried to contact them and your preference on the mirror may vary.

One thing to note is if you are going through narrow door ways or other narrow paths, put both arm rests down, it will make it easier to not get caught on the doorway.

Also, we did take them to Sea World one day, we used public Transit from the Disney Springs station. One thing to note with this is they only work on the double long public buses, the single long ones don't quite work due to the placement of the machine that takes your money. There were no issues on the Disney buses though.

We were the first ones to rent the Maximas from them, so they weren't sure how the battery would fair at Dea World, they did fine and we did a lot of back tracking throughout the day. That to me is the best reason to go for the Maxima, we only took the chargers with us once (on our Sea World day), they simply stay plugged into the wall in our room the entire trip after that, as we knew if they could make it an entire day there, we would be good anywhere.

So, to make a long story short (too late), yes, both my husband and I think it is worth the extra $20 for the Maxima.

Seriously, they will be there when you arrive (unless you are coming in at 2 AM or something like that, then you may need to work something out). The person delivering your ECV will text you the night before and if you have any delays, just text them. They don't have delivery windows, they just come when you need then to be there. In our experience, they have been waiting for us to arrive.

Seriously, they will be there when you arrive (unless you are coming in at 2 AM or something like that, then you may need to work something out). The person delivering your ECV will text you the night before and if you have any delays, just text them. They don't have delivery windows, they just come when you need then to be there. In our experience, they have been waiting for us to arrive.
That’s perfect to know! Thank you

I'm looking to use Gold for our trip next February, but am a bit unsure where I would stand on cosmetic damage caused when parking, grazing against kerbs etc. Their T&Cs seem to suggest that I would be fully responsible for any repairs - the company I've been using for the last 5 years don't do that.

The term 'all inclusive price' also makes me think: as a Brit I assume 'all inclusive' means the price on screen IS the price you pay. When I went to check out, it said under the price 'tax will be added ...'. Sorry, but that's not 'all inclusive'!

So ... I'm now torn. The company I've been using (Florida Mobility) have been good to me with 20% discount flash sales etc, however every year the scooter they turn up with is in worse and worse condition. The one I had this year, for example, had something rubbing, no 'umph' and the battery was draining within a few hours. A couple of times I barely got over the bridges at POR, and I was literally on the last throes halfway round World Showcase. Thank goodness American Adventure was still open and I was able to plug the scooter in there while we went upstairs and watched the long show! I have NEVER had to do top-up charging in all the years I've been using them before. They told me there was nothing wrong with the scooter. Hmmm.
The T&C are mostly to cover themselves if you intentionally do something to damage the ECV or steal it or such. We managed to bang up all four arm rest on our past trip pretty badly (see my post on the Maxima and putting arm tests down before going through narrow paths and doorways) and they didn't charge us for it. Additionally, there is a damage waiver included and you would only need to cover the deductible. This of course is not liability insurance to cover someone else if you run into them.

Seriously, if you do something accidental, they will work with you and will be more than fair about it, always in your favor more than theirs.

As for all inclusive, very few places in the U.S. include tax, even when they say the prices are all inclusive. It is annoying, but I think if they included tax and others didn't, it could make it harder to compare prices. If you call them, they will tell you the price including taxes at that time, just know it is always possible for taxes to increase at any time before you pay, so it may change alughtly, unless you are paying in advance. This is rare, but can happen, which I think may be a reason most places don't include tax in their prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts