Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine :) Picture it...Disneyland...2005...Veterans Day

DL finally reopened some time after dark so I headed over from DCA, on a scooter. Very first visit ever. The Hub. I must have gotten up on the sidewalk at a curb cut, then promptly forgot.

I swear the line was trompe l'oeil. I swear it was. Apparently, in the few seconds it took me to get o the other side, somebody created a curb. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

So I think I'm crossing a painted line. Nope. Sideways off the curb onto my side. I swear (more seriously than above) a CM was there before I hit the ground. Okay, maybe it was a guest who's a nurse. Anyway, in less than a minute somebody was there from First Aid, and we were surrounded by CMs moving people along. "Nothing to see here"!

Anyway, no damage. I didn't hit my head, and surprisingly I didn't break anything!

LOL I'm just glad to know you didn't get hurt! You just made your first "ride" at DL really exciting! :)

We are not traveling until October and since it is Hyatt/cruise/resort we usually rent from Walker. Does anyone know if Gold would deliver to the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport Valet desk. We would return it while staying at a Wdw property.
I booked online with Gold using the resort drop down box and the Hyatt Regency Airport was listed. I followed up with a voicemail to Gold. Online reservations require a CC and my card was charged. The next day I got a call from Gold and they said TSA does not allow them to deliver to the Hyatt hotel at the airport. They cancelled my reservation and promptly returned my payment. I’m going with Walker who will deliver to the Hyatt Regency at the airport. We have used them before.

I booked online with Gold using the resort drop down box and the Hyatt Regency Airport was listed. I followed up with a voicemail to Gold. Online reservations require a CC and my card was charged. The next day I got a call from Gold and they said TSA does not allow them to deliver to the Hyatt hotel at the airport. They cancelled my reservation and promptly returned my payment. I’m going with Walker who will deliver to the Hyatt Regency at the airport. We have used them before.
I just got that exact call this morning. They claimed no one is able to deliver to the airport because of TSA. I didn’t think they were right, but I don’t want to use Walker due to a bad past experience.

I just got that exact call this morning. They claimed no one is able to deliver to the airport because of TSA. I didn’t think they were right, but I don’t want to use Walker due to a bad past experience.
We originally planned to stay our last night at the Airport. They also told us they no longer deliver at the airport or airport hotel do to complications and delays with newer security measures around the airport, and difficulty with parking their larger delivery trucks. I called a few other companies and they said they don't deliver there either but with no explanations. We ended up setting up the magical express the next morning so it all worked out. I really wanted to use them after everything I read so I switched up my plans to make it work.

Just made our September reservations with Gold. I saw on Facebook last night that they are already getting pretty booked up, so I called to make the reservation today. And the original time I wanted the scooter delivered they already had 6 others being delivered, so I said an hour later is fine (we get in very late the night before, so an extra hour of sleep is not a bad thing).

Just made our September reservations with Gold. I saw on Facebook last night that they are already getting pretty booked up, so I called to make the reservation today. And the original time I wanted the scooter delivered they already had 6 others being delivered, so I said an hour later is fine (we get in very late the night before, so an extra hour of sleep is not a bad thing).

I saw that on Facebook last night also-Wow! I had called yesterday for my stay in September, thinking "Well, I know it's far ahead, but I've got the time to call now, so what the heck!" At the time I figured that they were probably surprised someone booked "so far ahead". But then when I saw that last night, I felt how smart and lucky I'd been.

I did my reservations for September with Gold a while ago. I haven’t bought airfare yet so I guessed. I know the flights have shifted (I think after the whole Boeing thing) so now my flight might be like 3 hours later. I was waiting until I had actually bought the flights but now I am wondering if I should email them and let them now I will probably be on the alter flight. I hope that won’t screw up the reservation.

I ordered my scooter May 30th for August 13th and I already had flight information. I'm sure September will definitely fill up fast with Star wars.

I did my reservations for September with Gold a while ago. I haven’t bought airfare yet so I guessed. I know the flights have shifted (I think after the whole Boeing thing) so now my flight might be like 3 hours later. I was waiting until I had actually bought the flights but now I am wondering if I should email them and let them now I will probably be on the alter flight. I hope that won’t screw up the reservation.

Just let them know as soon as you have your flight info confirmed :)

Booked them last April. Flight was delayed. Texted them with updated flight info. Last text was as the bus left airport. They arrived the same time bus pulled into resort

but now I am wondering if I should email them and let them now I will probably be on the alter flight. I hope that won’t screw up the reservation.
I wouldn't do anything now, but as soon as you know your flight, contact them. Depending how many other deliveries are scheduled for your ultimate arrival time, and where, you might need to wait a bit for the delivery.

Just returned home from a week at the Beach Club Villas. Based on the information and guidance I found in this thread, we opted to go with Gold Mobility. And let me tell you.. I am SO glad we did! Very professional, courteous and punctual (they were actually early!) Spoke with both Nick and Steve and both were a total pleasure. The scooter itself has every bell + whistle you could ever want... a place to hold your phone, a fan and the snazziest lighting I've ever seen. The scooter was powerful and really held a charge. I would encourage anyone who is looking to rent a scooter to give Gold Mobility a try. They really go the extra mile to accommodate your needs and schedule. I rate them A+++

I ordered my scooter May 30th for August 13th and I already had flight information. I'm sure September will definitely fill up fast with Star wars.
September was beginning to sell out when I booked over a month ago. I was told they were adding rentals and staff to accommodate more. I think some of it is the Star Wars (the reason we are going again so soon). The rest I beleive is the huge different in the customer service and how nice their rental are. No other company I've used even comes close.

Just back from a week stay using Gold Mobility and I am pleased to report that they were just as great as I have read here. They stayed in contact the night before and the morning of my arrival. Nick was running a few minutes late on arrival day but we met as planned in the lobby and after he showed us all we needed to know, we were off. I had a GoGo sport 3 wheeler and my MIL had a Pride 3 wheeler. I had mine out from sunrise to late night every night and never had a problem with battery. I think it dropped one green bar once at the very end of a long day. They were comfortable, and powerful ( the pride really had some power to it) The turning radius was great and I never felt like I would tip on sharp turns. ( and we took them through MANY twisty lines). Pick up was just as easy. We originally had a 3:30 pick up time for a 3:50 magic express pick up. I texted the morning of departure to change it to 3pm to give us a few extra minutes to get ready to leave and our guy ( sorry, i didnt get the younger guys name) was there right at 3 .. texting me his arrival status along the way. I would highly recommend Gold Mobility !!! and would certainly use them again myself next time I am in Orlando.

Do you tip when they drop off or pick up scooter? Have them booked for August and have never used before. If you do tip, can anyone suggest an appropriate amount?

Do you tip when they drop off or pick up scooter? Have them booked for August and have never used before. If you do tip, can anyone suggest an appropriate amount?
First time we are having the "in person" meet and greet delivery with Gold Mobility. I usually give the bell desk service people $5 -10. Valet guy $5 -$10. So assume its probably the same. I guess it depend on how you feel the service is. I asked the booking agent and they said gratuity is optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter