Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other tipping situations, tipping the owner is not expected.
From what I understand, Nick is not the owner, he is just the main person who handles deliveries.

As for if tipping the owner is customary or not, well how about nail salons where the owner is the person doing the work? I am honestly not sure what is correct since that isn't my thing, but I do question if it is appropriate.

From what I understand, Nick is not the owner, he is just the main person who handles deliveries.

As for if tipping the owner is customary or not, well how about nail salons where the owner is the person doing the work? I am honestly not sure what is correct since that isn't my thing, but I do question if it is appropriate.
Nail salon, hair salon, etc., owner is not tipped.

great experience with gold. the inbound flight was delayed and i was not able to be at resort at the requested time. texted back and forth with updated info. Last text was while I was on the MDE on the way resort. basically as the coach arrived at the resort the ecv arrived. driver had to go back to get a cane holder from truck. Pick up of the ecv was on time. got a text about 15 minutes prior to say he was on his way to resort.

great experience with gold. the inbound flight was delayed and i was not able to be at resort at the requested time. texted back and forth with updated info. Last text was while I was on the MDE on the way resort. basically as the coach arrived at the resort the ecv arrived. driver had to go back to get a cane holder from truck. Pick up of the ecv was on time. got a text about 15 minutes prior to say he was on his way to resort.
Their timing was incredible. We also had a flight delay and a traffic delay. I kept in text contact with the delivery person to update him. We had 4 Scooters being delivered and when were arrived they were standing by them waiting for us to arrive. We had a quick explanation, and we were off in 5 minutes.

We use our scooters normally only at Disney parks. We always stay at a Disney resort. We always use Disney transportation. Does anyone here have any experience with using the Gold Mobility scooter transfer system, or the Mears taxi service for ECV's. We were contemplating a day trip to Universal Studios. If it's not worth moving two scooters, or it's a hassle to transfer back and forth for only one day we could just rent a park one at Universal I guess. We can both walk a short distance with walker, but I wonder if they have wheelchairs to transfer guests from the taxi drop off area to the scooter rental pick up. Any suggestions?

For a day trip, you would be best off using either MEARS, they also offer a shared shuttle service to Universal as well as the Taxi service.

That being said, a word of caution, a day trip to Universal is quite expensive. When we priced it out, between transportation (even if we didn't take the ECVs), tickets and food, our cost would have been more than going for almost a week and staying at one of the Universal hotels.

So my recommendation is if you want to do Universal, do it either at the beginning of your trip, stay one night at a Universal hotel (Gold Mobility will deliver/pick up there), book a package with food, transportation from the airport and theme park tickets. Then you would only need MEARS (or other service) one way to your Disney resort. Seriously, this method will cut your costs by about 75%, at least when we priced it out.

I’m glad I read this thread. A few weeks ago we rented the GoGo from Buena Vista and I wasnt very happy with the scooter. It was dirty and the seat was not comfy - the back was not straight it sort of reclined. Are the seat backs supposed to be like this? I was thinking of renting the Victory 10 in June but want a scooter that is easy to maneuver. Any thoughts ?

The back should have been adjustable? usually there's a lever on the side (like in your car) which lets you adjust the "lean"--that being said--I have a GoGo I personally own that I use at Disneyland since it is somewhat portable and I live close to DL. I prefer to get the Victory because it has a longer battery life and is bigger and not as likely to tip on driveways or other non-flat areas. I have always rented from Buena Vista (except for one bad experience with Apple) and the one time I had an issue they were right out with a different scooter to meet my needs.

I’m glad I read this thread. A few weeks ago we rented the GoGo from Buena Vista and I wasnt very happy with the scooter. It was dirty and the seat was not comfy - the back was not straight it sort of reclined. Are the seat backs supposed to be like this? I was thinking of renting the Victory 10 in June but want a scooter that is easy to maneuver. Any thoughts ?
Rent from Gold Mobility, the victory 10 is very easy to manuever and I had the 4 wheel, the 3 wheel would be easier.

Also, their seats are fully adjustable, even the headrest can be adjusted . seriously it was the most comfortable ECV I have ever used.

The back should have been adjustable? usually there's a lever on the side (like in your car) which lets you adjust the "lean"--that being said--I have a GoGo I personally own that I use at Disneyland since it is somewhat portable and I live close to DL. I prefer to get the Victory because it has a longer battery life and is bigger and not as likely to tip on driveways or other non-flat areas. I have always rented from Buena Vista (except for one bad experience with Apple) and the one time I had an issue they were right out with a different scooter to meet my needs.
Sounds like you got lucky with Beuna Vista, I have had a horror story (I believe posted above, but to summarize involved ECV battery and not being able to get a hold of them after 8 PM and not being able to get a replacement for a couple of days, admittedly this was many years ago, but still a f they are very expensive) with them and have seen plenty of others, but I have yet to see an issue with Gold Mobility. Doesn't mean it never happens, just haven't seen any posted anywhere. We had one minor problem, texted them and they told us how to fix it and if it didn't they would be right out with a replacement within about 30 minutes because we're at American Adventure, so it would physically take that long to get through security, etc. And get there.

For a day trip, you would be best off using either MEARS, they also offer a shared shuttle service to Universal as well as the Taxi service.

That being said, a word of caution, a day trip to Universal is quite expensive. When we priced it out, between transportation (even if we didn't take the ECVs), tickets and food, our cost would have been more than going for almost a week and staying at one of the Universal hotels.

So my recommendation is if you want to do Universal, do it either at the beginning of your trip, stay one night at a Universal hotel (Gold Mobility will deliver/pick up there), book a package with food, transportation from the airport and theme park tickets. Then you would only need MEARS (or other service) one way to your Disney resort. Seriously, this method will cut your costs by about 75%, at least when we priced it out.

Thanks for the tips we were able to adjust our flight 1 day earlier. We called Gold Mobility and changed the delivery to a resort at Universal we booked with our points. We are having Gold Mobility transfer both scooters to our Disney Resort for only $50. They claim they will be standing by waiting for us when we arrive at our Disney Resort curb side when we pull up so we won't need to walk far. Your advice saved us $500 overall, and we added an extra day to our trip. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for the tips we were able to adjust our flight 1 day earlier. We called Gold Mobility and changed the delivery to a resort at Universal we booked with our points. We are having Gold Mobility transfer both scooters to our Disney Resort for only $50. They claim they will be standing by waiting for us when we arrive at our Disney Resort curb side when we pull up so we won't need to walk far. Your advice saved us $500 overall, and we added an extra day to our trip. Thanks for the suggestions.
No problem, it is amazing what the price difference can be, isn't it?

I only will be at WDW two nights, with Gold you pay the price for the week. Is that so?
Basically, their price is a flat rate for up to 7 days and then after that it is a small additional cost per day.

A lot of times their flat rate is still cheaper than 2 or 3 days elsewhere and the equipment is nicer, but as always your mileage may vary on the price. Customer service and quality of the equipment as well as features that Gold Mobility provides can't be beat at this point.

I've been to their website and don't see the Maxima listed under rental scooters. Can you direct me to them? Thanks.

Gold Mobility Scooters LLC
April 3 at 8:13 AM ·
Maxima Update - Our first shipment of Pride Maxima's arrives next week. We are on schedule for this exciting scooter rental option available June 1, 2019 for Gold Mobility Scooters customers!

The Pride Maxima mobility scooter is the highest capacity mobility scooter that Pride offers at 500 LBS Capacity. This mobility scooter meets all Walt Disney World requirements for use in all the Walt Disney World Theme parks and resorts. Gold Mobility has added this scooter rental option to accommodate more guests than ever before. We've extensively pre-tested the Pride Maxima for maneuverability, and transportation on the Walt Disney World transportation systems. We've also tested endurance, durability, and battery life in all the theme parks. The first brand new batch of Pride Maxima scooters will be ready for rental starting June 1, 2019.
The SPECIAL Flat Rate Price for up to 7 Days price will be available at an introductory offer of $199.99*
*Including the Damage Waiver Insurance, delivery and pickup, and one Free additional option, 4 Free rain poncho's and control covers.

It takes about a 6 week to upgrade our new maxima fleet with all the "Gold Mobility" exclusive Custom options.

This is what we are adding :

ADDITIONAL FREE OPTIONS:
BRIGHT LED Ground Safety lights
Ram - X Cell Phone Holder
Wrap around steel safety bumper
Gold Reflective Package
Extended Range Batteries
TWO USB Accessory / Charging Ports
Variable Speed Cooling Fan
Upgraded BRIGHT LED Headlight
Waterproof Control Cover
Cupholder
BUILT IN CANE HOLDER
Seat back storage compartment
Water Bottle Holder

Currently, the Pride Maxima is available for reservations only but must be called into our customer service team. They are not yet available on our website. Reservations are available from June 1 and on for this new model. Call today to reserve yours, or upgrade a current reservation today 407-414-0287.

Gold Mobility Scooters LLC
6 hrs ·
Here is a preview of Gold Mobility Scooters new rental line up starting June 1, 2019. All Gold Mobility Scooters including our new additions are 100% approved for use in the Walt Disney World Theme Parks and all other theme parks and resorts in Central Florida. All mobility scooters can also be used on all Disney World Transportation systems like buses, ferry boats, and the monorail system. Every size scooter we rent will also fit easily in resort elevators and hotel rooms for overnight secure storage and charging. Our portable GOGO line of scooters can be easily dissembled and transported in the trunk of a standard car or with Uber or Lyft.

If any of our customers have any at all service issues during their rental all Gold Mobility personnel has the ability to come directly to our customers' location inside any theme parks to exchange the scooter. No pushing your scooter anywhere. We always have a company employee and spare scooters on the Disney World property during the day we can usually address any service issue in 30-60 minutes. Our main warehouse is also less than 10 minutes from Disney World property.
Service issues for Gold Mobility is very rare, but in that rare occasion Gold Mobility Scooters is prepared and standing by for assistance.

No matter where you look Gold Mobility Scooters is an all 5 stars rated scooter rental company with over 500 reviews all over the internet. They say you can't please every customer every time, but it seems we have because no matter where you look not a single customer has even one negative comment about us. An accomplishment we are surely proud of at Gold Mobility Scooters!

If you book by phone no payments are required in advance, no deposits are taken, and no credit cards holds are required to book your mobility scooter. You just simply pay your delivery concierge on delivery. Our customer service phone team is available for reservations 8AM-8PM 7 days a week at 407-414-0287.

You can also book 24 hours a day on our website if you would like to pre-pay, at your convenience at ******************************** Easy to set up simple Reservation system, No Cancellation fee's, NO Deposits, No Change Fee's ever! Reservations are accepted up to 1 year in advance.

Hi everyone. I meant to get back here over the weekend but didn’t. I actually managed to talk to someone at Gold. He answered my questions as follows: they had just received the maxima but they do not disassemble. The victory does break down. However he first said that you would need to have a full size SUV to transport it. Then he said a smaller SUV or van but the third row would need to be able to fold down. I’m still on the fence. There isn’t any way I could drive a full size SUV. My grandson will be with me but since he’s only 18 i wouldn’t be comfortable with him driving a rental one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter