Going to Moonlight Magic tonight at TL? Report back!!

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
For those that are going tonight could you please report back for the rest of us who will be going later?

Where did you check-in? Resort or Park? And how were the lines for check-in?

Bus or Car? How was the wait for buses or the traffic and parking situation?

What time did you arrive?

What time did they start letting people into the park?

How were the lines for the attractions?

How were the lines for the characters? The food?

Feel free to ask/answer more questions!!!

I'm interested in reading more reviews, too! To add to @snoopy's list, I'm wondering about:
  1. Do any of the characters sign autograph books? Trying to determine whether we should bother bringing them for Genie/Sebastian. I can't imagine Sebastian signing, but maybe Genie?
  2. Event merchandise: are the shirts and pins still available? If so, where?
Have a great time, everyone! I'll be there on the 13th! :woohoo:

I read on FB that folks were concerned because the weather wasn't good.

We decided not to go due to the rain. The rain stopped around 8:30 so those that went probably had nice short lines.
One of these days I'll make it to a member event. But either way, we are having a fun time.

We decided not to go due to the rain. The rain stopped around 8:30 so those that went probably had nice short lines.
One of these days I'll make it to a member event. But either way, we are having a fun time.

Good call. You definitely don't want to get wet at a water park. ;) I bet you're right about the lines, though. They're going to have to do something like volcano bay to make the waits more tolerable.

I went last Friday night and had a great time. I can answer your questions based on that. We checked in at Poly. They handed us wristbands and a brochure, and said buses would start at 6:30. We headed out to the bus area at 6:31, and around 6:55 were told the first bus would not be until 7 PM. Shortly after 7 2 motorcoaches stopped to pick up people. There was quite a bit of traffic by the park with all the buses arriving and way more cars than I ever see there!

I would suggest checking in at your resort if you are staying at a DVC property, at least if you plan on arriving early. When we arrived at TL, it was a mass of bodies by the ticket booths, and the check-in tables were in the midst of the madness. If you already had your wristband they just moved you on into the park.

We rented a locker, but I would not do that if going again. You don't really need anything except an ID and your member card, and I put those in the waterproof neck pouch with my phone. We could have just left our shoes/clothes and personal towels on a chair. Got right in the lazy river after leaving stuff in locker and floated around that for a while - most crowded I have ever seen that!

Waits for tube rides were about 15 minutes. For the characters, there was no wait for Donald (maybe because he was towards the back of the park?) and about 10 minutes for Sebastian and Genie.

Maybe it was our timing when looking for snacks, but there was not much of a line at all. In addition to water and lemonade, they had the soda machines available and someone standing nearby with ice. So you could grab a cup from the beverage table, have the cast member fill it with ice and then get whatever you wanted from the machines.

We had a great time, and I would love to do it again. The one thing that surprised me the most was the parents with smaller kids. While hanging out in the pool, there were parents who tossed their kids into the waves as they approached and then grabbed them as the wave moved past. Just astounds me! And at either Mayday or Keelhaul Falls, can't remember which, a father told his small daughter she had to ride it by herself because those are the rules. She did not want to go on it at all, let alone by herself. And sure enough, when her tub got to the bottom of the slide it flipped over and she went under. Lifeguard had to go in after her. Poor guy had to go in twice in 5 minutes because of small kids. Just because the child is tall enough does not necessarily mean they should go on the ride! The signs say you should be a good swimmer!

We went last night. The weather was pretty rough up until 730. We got to the park around 745 and had a 5 minute wait to check in.

Lines were longer for Miss Adventure and Crush n Gusher. We got on Miss Adventure at the end of the night and really enjoyed it.

Wave pool and lazy river were either somewhat crowded or empty. We timed it to avoid where the bigger crowds were.

Snacks were chips, Doritos, cookies and lemonade. Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches and strawberry bars were also available.

We heard that there were different snacks at other locations but we did not take the time to search them out.

Other members were polite and we did not see snack hoarding like at some past events.

Snacks were chips, Doritos, cookies and lemonade. Mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches and strawberry bars were also available.

We heard that there were different snacks at other locations but we did not take the time to search them out.

Other members were polite and we did not see snack hoarding like at some past events.

That's about the same as last year's AK event. When the snacks first come out, everyone lines up and goes a little nuts, but the staff were great about keeping everything well stocked throughout. There was more than enough for everyone, and after a little while, the snack tables were just there to take whatever you wanted with no lines at all.

Were there any food booths open or opportunities to buy hot food?
I have never been to TL. Is it well-lit? I have more difficulty seeing in low light.

Were there any food booths open or opportunities to buy hot food?
A limited menu was available for purchase at one location.

I have never been to TL. Is it well-lit? I have more difficulty seeing in low light.
Some areas where there are more trees seemed a little darker than the more open areas. Overall, lighting wasn't too bad.

We are going on July 5th. We do not have really young kids in our group so we do not care exactly where we park or things. We would prefer a less crowded spot. Any suggestions?

We are going on July 5th. We do not have really young kids in our group so we do not care exactly where we park or things. We would prefer a less crowded spot. Any suggestions?
It was so crowded last year, it was not easy finding any spot to park our things. We just kept walking! Honestly, I know there were guests as well as DVC members, but I was floored with how crowded it was. We mostly used the lazy river, and it was not easy getting a tube, maybe around 10, it did get easier.
We'll be there this week!

This is really helpful to know. If it is crazy crowded then we will need to shift to Plan B. Maybe go across the way to Disney Springs. Free or not, time is too valuable to waste it in a sea of people not having a good time.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

This is really helpful to know. If it is crazy crowded then we will need to shift to Plan B. Maybe go across the way to Disney Springs. Free or not, time is too valuable to waste it in a sea of people not having a good time.

This all is my concern as well. Having an annual pass for the waterpark's makes me think that even though this event is free I'm better off spending my time elsewhere.??

We are 2 senior citizens and we enjoyed ourselves. I did not mean to imply we were not having a good time.

We went the first year it was offered in august 2015 and had a great time. But didn't manage to have any of the events fall on our dates last year. We will go and do the best we can

We too are seniors....but our 2 daughters and 4 granddaughters are going with us this time...if we get to ride a couple of things and get a mickey bar..we'll be good with that.

Last edited:
This all is my concern as well. Having an annual pass for the waterpark's makes me think that even though this event is free I'm better off spending my time elsewhere.??

You'll be able to get in earlier with the AP. Go in early and check in inside the park. We have the platinum plus AP. We just went in like normal admission and checked in inside. We were able to get a spot for our stuff no problem. There were no lines as it was transitioning from normal admissions to the DVC party. We enjoyed it.

You were heading to a water park and you didn't go because it was raining. Nope I imagine it was still about the same amount of people. Most people are still going to go to a water park even if it's raining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter