Going to MK on the first day of MNSSHP?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
We book our dining reservations tomorrow, so we need to pick which days we're doing at each park. Our first park day is the same day as the very first MNSSHP (Thurs Aug 16). I've read it's great to do MK on party days because it's less crowded. Does this hold true for the very first party too?

MK is my absolute favorite park, so I want as much time to ride the rides and enjoy the atmosphere. We do have park hoppers so we can hop to another park once MK closes for the evening. There's also only one party during our whole trip, so I'm not sure if the party will really have the lower crowd effect. Thoughts? Should we do our MK day on the party day, or save it for a full day?

Last edited:
If you are only there for a short time and you only have one opportunity, I would save it for a full day as well, especially if its your favorite park! If you do have a chance to more than once on your trip then I would think that there would be slightly lower crowds that day, as people without park hoppers or party tickets will usually avoid it due to the early closure.

If you are only there for a short time and you only have one opportunity, I would save it for a full day as well, especially if its your favorite park! If you do have a chance to more than once on your trip then I would think that there would be slightly lower crowds that day, as people without park hoppers or party tickets will usually avoid it due to the early closure.

Yeah we have 4 full days for parks. We usually only spend half a day in both AK and HS, so there's a strong chance we'd get at least another half day for MK. But we don't have an extra day to dedicate the full day to MK if we choose to do our "full day" on a party day.

If you have hoppers, do the 16th at MK and enjoy the low crowds (yes, crowds will be lower especially since it is the only party day that week so people will try to avoid going on that day since they have lots of other days they can go). Then do another half-day at MK and split with whatever park you hopped to after MK on the 16th.

Remember, party guests enter the park at 4pm. So even though you don't have to leave until 6pm, those two hours on the first party day will be very crowded. So you should plan to leave by 4pm if you do the hopping strategy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter