Going to HH on 9/2 - questions?

hcarr

Earning My Ears
We are headed to HH the first week in Sept and staying in a 1 br - the two of us and our 3 yr old daughter. Any suggestions from those who have been there before on what we should bring. I've scoured the websites for activities, etc. Now just want to make sure I don't forget anything we might need. Also any dining recommendations would be great too - that are OK with our 3 yr old (she's VERY used to eating out - so I don't need Chuckie Cheese - it just won't be romantic!)

Thank you!

Hilary

You could bring something to read or a favorite video for your daughter, but the resort provides many opportunities for activites.

We enjoy Scott's Fishmarket (just across the bridge from the resort- an easy walk) and Giuseppi's (at the Shelter Cove Plaza) also nearby. Both also offer a DVC discount.

There are many dining options- look thru the HH dining magazine.

Have a great time! We'll arrive the following week!

Tommy Towery's website has a link to various sites that contains many dining recommendations. Another thing you might want to do is call the resort and ask them to fax you a copy of the activities sheet. That is a good way to prepare for the trip and I did it yesterday as I will be there next week. Enjoy the trip!

:jester:

Fine Dining
  1. Old Fort Pub
  2. Sunset Grill
  3. Fitzgerald's
  4. Charlie's (french something)
  5. Alexander's
  6. Charleston's
  7. Santa Fe
  8. Captain's table
  9. Cafe Europa
    [/list=1]
    Pizza
    1. Dunes
    2. Guisseppi's
      [/list=1] Both right close by DVC
      Fun/Family
      1. Old Bamboo
      2. Old Oyster Factory
      3. Truffle's
      4. Wild Wings
      5. Hafbrauhouse (? sp)
      6. Crazy Crab, especially at Harbour Town
        [/list=1]

I'd avoid CQ's and Charlie's Crab.

Others to consider that I don't know much about are:
        1. HH and Blufton Diner
        2. Alligator Grill
        3. Abe's Shrimp House
        4. South Beach Cafe (? name)
        5. Scott's
        6. Kingfisher's (recommended for seafood by a friend and right by DVC)
        7. La Pola (in with Kingfisher's)
        8. Quarter Deck
        9. Harbor Masters
        10. Westin Seafood Buffet
        11. Cafe at Wexford
        12. Tony Roma's (how different can it be)
        13. Hudson's (near Old Ft Pub, my partner really liked it)
          [/list=1]

Discounts, DVC has a discount list, just use your room key or member card. Many of these above have early bird specials. There is a Restaurant Guide that has menus as well as a list of early birds, etc. For seafood, Old Oyster Factory is a must but doesn't take reservations. There are coupons in the books for free salads and they let me use the free salad as well as DVC 10% off both. If you at all like wings, Wild Wings is a must, I think they have 23 flavors of Wings. Best steak was Fitzgerald's. Old Bamboo is like World War II or MASH, good food also. Best Views were South Beach Cafe, Cafe Europa, Quarterdeck, Old Ft Pub, Sunset Grill (so I'm told) and maybes Harbormasters and Kingfishers. Best Value likely Old Bamboo, Wings, Old Oyster Factory, Dunes Pizza. Some of these are in Sea Pines and there is a $5 fee per day.

One thing you might want to take is a night light for the bathroom. The decor is dark and unless you do not mind being blinded by tunring on the light, it is quite helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter