Going to DLP! Some Questions

msteddom

We always wait in line in California (something)
I just found out I'm going to Disneyland Paris in a few weeks and I have a few questions:

1. Does Space Mountain have any drops in it? I know it has the rocket launch, and I'm fine with that, but any significant drops and I'm done for.

2. Are there any can't be missed restaurants for lunch? Something highly themed and really charming?

3. Anything else that I should make a priority?

We will only be there for 1 day, so I don't think we'll be making it over to the Studios. Thanks for the help!

Melissa

Unfortunately, it looks like you will miss Space Mountain. It is closing on Jan 16th 05 for renovations. It won't be reopenning til April.

I'd recommend trying to see Fantillusion and riding Pirates.

Have a great trip :)

When we've gone for day trips, we like the Blue Lagoon for lunch. A very relaxing, pleasant environment with good food (although not the best for those who do not like seafood). The pre-fixe menus are quite reasonable. We've also enjoyed dinner at Auberge de Cendrillon, and I would assume lunch there would also be nice.

My best advice for a day trip is to arrive early, as close to park opening time as you can. If you stay until closing time, you'll get to see nearly everything.

There are a few things that are exactly the same as their equivalents at WDW, and perhaps those are not worth seeing right away:
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Star Tours
I don't remember the name, but the rocket ships that look just like the AstroOrbiter

The Fantasyland rides are similar, but often better than WDW counterparts, IMO, so try to go on those. Others have the same name and/or concept, but are different, and worth seeing (e.g. Pirates).

Yeah, I just noticed that Space Mountain is going to be closed while I'm there. Too bad for me :guilty: I would still like to know if it has drops for future reference. The Blue Lagoon sounds interesting for lunch. I love seafood! Is it similar to the Blue LAgoon in Disneyland Anaheim? Thanks!

Melissa

The Blue Lagoon is very similar in theming to the Disneyland CA equivalent (being right next to the Pirates ride) but the menu is very different. 90% of it is seafood based to my recollection.

There's no huge drops in the Paris Space Mountain, but there are loops and corkscrews. If you've ever been on Aerosmith in WDW, it's probably most similar to that (although I still think SM is better!)

If you are only going for one day then definitely the Blue Lagoon! Auberge de Cedrillon comes second - but by quite a long way. If you have huge stomachs and are there for the evening then the Yacht club at Newport Bay club is the place for your evening meal! Preceded by a cocktail in the Disneyland Hotel.
Eat well!
As far as Space Mountain is concerned - I am a complete coward when it comes to rides - and I have ridden it a few times - can't remember any steep drops - although seeing as I was completely convinced that it didn't turn me upside down I am probably not the person to listen to!
Liz

1. Before you go, read up on Phantom Manor , to get the gist of the story line (unless your French is excellent). Try this site:
http://www.ravenswood-manor.com

2. Don't skip Alice's Curious Labrynth. It's not a blockbuster, but it's cool, and we don't have it in the US.

3. Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road at DLP is the BEST!

4. Don't forget to go upstairs (beautiful stained glass pictures) and downstairs (a dragon!) in the castle.

5. There is a hysterical husband/wife review of DLP on mouseplanet. You've got to read it before you go. They talked (in a very funny way) about it taking 30 minutes to get a hot dog at Casey Jr.'s, even though there was almost no one in line...SO TRUE!

Definately go on Pirates! We went on it 14 times our last visit - never got bored and plan to try and out do that number in February.

Far too cowardly to go on Space Mountain, but I would agree with the other postings so far, that the Blue Lagoon restaurant is a great eating experience. We ordered our Disney birthday there and the staff all lined up and sang "Happy Birthday!", my son still reckons its the best birthday ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter