Going to DLP in Sept '23. Staying on-site. Book Passes separate from Hotel?

kverdon

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We will be travelling to Disneyland Paris in mid Sept of this year and are getting ready to book our stay at DLP. We are looking to spend 4 nights at DLP but only 3 days in the parks. When I try to book a package there does not seem to be a way to set the number of park days. It defaults 5 for a 4 night stay. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Kevin and Mona

No -- On the Disney site you for four nights get five days. You can look on third party sites such as Expedia to see if you can book the Disney hotel separately and in that case you will need to book your own park tickets.

I am told though that often the deal on the Disney site works out the best financially even if you don't use all your days. If you don't see your hotel on the third party site you could always book on one of the Disney sites and then cancel if you see a better deal later for booking separately.

We are going at the end of Sept. and I booked a three night / four day package thru the Disney UK site, even though I will only be going to the parks for 2 1/2 days.

Nope. We even called DLP about it and there was no way to work around this. We ended up deciding to stay at a partner hotel, book through the hotel, and buy tix separate. I don't need a DLP ticket on the day I arrive and leave! That is preposterous.

You can usually find the DLP hotels room-only on places like Hotels.com / Booking.com, which will let you price up the cost for that plus however many days of tickets you need. The package discount usually means it's not much cheaper though.

The other way around it is to stay somewhere else the first or last night which reduces the cost, then just book the DLP hotel package for the days you'll be in the parks.

Nope. We even called DLP about it and there was no way to work around this. We ended up deciding to stay at a partner hotel, book through the hotel, and buy tix separate. I don't need a DLP ticket on the day I arrive and leave! That is preposterous.
It is tailored to the European market. A lot of people arrive/leave during the day and go to the parks a couple of hours on arrival/departure day.

I would find it insane if I pay so much money and do not get access to the park each day I am on the premise.

Unless you arrive at the hotel 1 hour before park closure, I would always advise to go into the parks on your arrival day. Especially if you are used to other Disney parks, because you can get familiar with the park. Rides and stores are in different places here.

And to go into the park just for an hour before you leave can be great to repeat some favourites.

For the best deal compare your options though. Several months ago for my three nights in Sept. I booked a Disney package at the Sequoia Lodge for two for $954 (I did this on the UK website and the exchange rate dollar to pound was really good for me at the time too, so I paid in full also.) I am showing the charge in dollars after pound was converted back. That includes four days of park tickets for two people and we will only use 2 1/2 days. And I am including taxes etc. (my total out of pocket).

Right now room only for the same days at the Sequoia lodge would be $1078 with taxes on booking.com. So I would need to pay more for room only and buy park hoppers for two days for two people or three days if I wanted to do a park on arrival day for a 1/2 day too. At the time I booked the original package they hadn't released any room only to third party sites, and it is true that the price of a packages on Disney websites if I booked now would be higher too.

Just saying look at the bottom line. Yes I am only using 2 1/2 days of the four days offered, but for me it is still an excellent deal. And if I did find a better offsite deal, I could cancel my original package. All and all seems pretty sweet to me.

Do note: I seem to have lucked out and for Disneyland Paris I seem to be traveling at a low season time. We like to rope drop so are happy to be onsite. Changing hotels from off to on is an option too, but for me it's nice to move around less and sometimes that is worth paying a little more (for me though that depends on how much more). We are already doing enough moving around --- four nights in Paris first, followed by these three nights in Disneyland, Paris, followed by three nights in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The last thing I'd want to do (unless costs and budget made it a necessity, would be to move each night in Disneyland Paris (much more relaxing to be in the same place for my three nights related to my full park days).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter