Going to DLP for the first time...

Capwkidd

Mouseketeer
I would like to stay at the Disneyland Hotel.... Looks like 2 nights gets you tickets for 3 days? Thats about $1,500 for the cheapest room. Would it be a better deal to get an Annual pass to get a hotel discount, assuming that do that in the DLP hotel?

Is the easiest way to get to the hotel from CDG using the Disney bus? I have heard they do not actually take care of your luggage, even though the Disney site says they do. If the Disney bus in FL is free and they handle your luggage, only makes sense they would handle your luggage in Paris, since you are paying, right?

I plan to arrive on the 20th of March and Leave on the 22nd... Any tips? I hope to see/Do as much as I can...

I appreciate your help!

I would like to stay at the Disneyland Hotel.... Looks like 2 nights gets you tickets for 3 days? Thats about $1,500 for the cheapest room. Would it be a better deal to get an Annual pass to get a hotel discount, assuming that do that in the DLP hotel?
When you book a hotel and ticket package direct with Disney you get park hopper tickets for your arrival day and departure day and all days in between.
So for you arrive on 20 March, leave on 22 March
Park Hopper tickets for March 20, March 21 and March 22

This applies to all the onsite hotels, not just Disneyland Hotel

There are 6 onsite hotels, from budget to moderate to deluxe. Disneyland Hotel would be at the deluxe range. For the price of one night at Disneyland Hotel you could get 4 or 5 days at a lower price hotel. All the on site hotels have access to the early opening, all the onsite hotels are walk-able to the park. Having stayed at Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge and Santa Fe, I personally would stay at a lower price hotel and have more park days.

Is the easiest way to get to the hotel from CDG using the Disney bus? I have heard they do not actually take care of your luggage, even though the Disney site says they do. If the Disney bus in FL is free and they handle your luggage, only makes sense they would handle your luggage in Paris, since you are paying, right?
There is no comparable Disney Express like there is in Florida. from CDG airport. The Disney Express you are looking at on Disneyland Paris is at the train station on Disney property. It is for train passengers. When you arrive at Disney train station, and have paid for Disney Express you can give your luggage at the Disney Express counter and they will give you your park tickets and take your luggage to your hotel.

The easiest way from CDG airport to Disney by bus is with https://magicalshuttle.co.uk/ Magic Shuttle are the approved Disney bus company. The departure point is located in a corridor connecting terminal 2E and 2F. You put your luggage in the bus, they drive you direct to your Disney hotel and then you take your luggage off the bus and check in to the hotel. You can book online in advance. It does not matter if your plane is late and you miss your selected bus departure time. This has happened to me before. As long as you have a ticket you can just get on the next departing bus. The travel time is approx 1 hour from CDG to Disney property.

The room discount you get with an annual pass is not a set amount - the percentage off varies from hotel to hotel and day to day so you might not save much that way especially as the rack rate of the room tends to be about the same as the price with tickets.
Are you set on the Disneyland hotel? The other hotels are all within walking distance through Disney Village and are much cheaper - the furthest being approx 15 mins walk.

I dont know what you mean by take care of your luggage. You will have to collect your luggage from the luggage carrousel at the airport, transport it to the bus departure point and then they may help you load it onto the bus and take it out for you when you reach your hotel but then you will have to take it into the hotel and to your room yourself.
Depending on how many of you are in your party it might be cheaper to get a private pre booked shuttle - they will meet you at your terminal and help with your luggage and drop you right at your hotel

!

I had a look , this is the Disneyworld Express in Orlando that you are used to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/guest-services/magical-express/

This is 100% NOT available at CDG airport for Disneyland Paris.

Disneyland Paris advise using Magic Shuttle, like I have explained above http://www.disneylandparis.ie/guest-services/transfer-from-paris-airports/

Disney Express Paris is this on the Disney website http://www.disneylandparis.ie/guest-services/disneyland-express-luggage-service/
It is a luggage service for train passengers

The room discount you get with an annual pass is not a set amount - the percentage off varies from hotel to hotel and day to day so you might not save much that way especially as the rack rate of the room tends to be about the same as the price with tickets.
Are you set on the Disneyland hotel? The other hotels are all within walking distance through Disney Village and are much cheaper - the furthest being approx 15 mins walk.

I dont know what you mean by take care of your luggage. You will have to collect your luggage from the luggage carrousel at the airport, transport it to the bus departure point and then they may help you load it onto the bus and take it out for you when you reach your hotel but then you will have to take it into the hotel and to your room yourself.
Depending on how many of you are in your party it might be cheaper to get a private pre booked shuttle - they will meet you at your terminal and help with your luggage and drop you right at your hotel

It will just be me.... I have no idea how tired I will be, just trying to make this as easy as possible... I don't know if I will sleep well on the flight... Thank you!

Since it has been announced that DLP will be getting a major update soon, and I always like to save money when I can... What do you all suggest for a Disney Hotel to stay at? Any of them renovated recently? I expect to be very exhausted my first night in Europe.... So a comfortable one is really all I need.. Do any of the hotel rooms have showers? Anyone know how much the castle club rooms are?

Any of the Disney owned hotels have shower doors instead of curtains?

I look forward to seeing the dragon (is it Maleficent? Murphy?), seeing PoTC, Rat, Phantom Manor, Etc... I go to DLR about once a month since I live here in SoCal, and I like to go to WDW at least once per year... Trying to hit all the Disney parks in the world!

Last edited:
What do you all suggest for a Disney Hotel to stay at?
all of the onsite Disney hotels are decent comfortable hotels, yes even the ones classed as budget. The budget hotels all have indoor corridors. My preference is the mid price Sequoia Lodge http://www.disneylandparis.ie/hotels/disneys-sequoia-lodge/
It about a 10 minute walk to the park entrance, through Disney Village. The standard rooms are in separate buildings, the Montana standard rooms and the club rooms are in the main building.

Do any of the hotel rooms have showers?
Yes all of the rooms in all of the hotels even the budget hotels have showers.

Any of the Disney owned hotels have shower doors instead of curtains?
I have only stayed in standard rooms, and all of the rooms I have stayed at had a bath and shower combination with shower curtains. Yes even the standard rooms in Disneyland Hotel, the premium hotel have the bath and shower with shower curtain combination.

Just as I was getting to the point of talking my self into staying at Sequa, its booked up. Question, how can I get a room that faces the park? Is that only available with castle club?

Just as I was getting to the point of talking my self into staying at Sequa, its booked up. Question, how can I get a room that faces the park? Is that only available with castle club?

Found out the answer, YES, rooms that face the park are only available to Castle Club rooms.... The person I chatted with from Disney guessed that the rooms are 2x the price of normal rooms! Yikes! So, $3k+ for 2 nights?! He also gave me an email dlp.suites@disneylandparis.com to talk to them, that conversation has started, lets see what happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter