• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going to DL for 1st time but am Going to miss WDW

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
I guess Disneyland does have a little of Epcot (Soarin', Turtle Talk with Crush); MGM (Tower of Terror) but is there anything from Animal Kingdom?

Remember, DL has some atractions that WDW does not have, such as Matterhorn, Pinocchio, and Indiana Jones. It is not the same as WDW and that is what makes BOTH parks so special and worthwhile. They are unique and it's hard not enjoy them. I bet that once you arrive at DL you will soon forget about missing WDW.

There is also Grizzly River Rapids which is similar to Kali River Rapids (you will get soaked!)

I agree with LukenDC, both places are so special and magical, you will fall in love with both. Being So. Cal. residents, we have always loved DL, but we made our first trip to WDW this summer and fell in love with it too. But, we still love going to DL (going next week!). Hope you have a great time! :flower:

GRR is not the same as Kali. GRR has 2 drops to Kali's 1 and is longer. It's just plain better. Also, the rafts on GRR are smaller and seat 8 while Kali's seat 12. I think you get wetter on GRR, too.

I agree with what others have said. Also there is Star Tours, a little MGM for you. And Pirates and Small World are so much better at DL than WDW (at least that is my opinion). While not Dinosaur, the Indiana Jones ride uses the same type of ride vehicle, but is better in my opinion than Dinosaur. And there is a roller coaster at DCA that is the same sort of whip type one as the one in AK in Dinoland (am totally blanking on the name).

Janet, I know how you feel. I've been going to DL since I was a baby, but I've never been to WDW. Now we may go to WDW next year instead, and I am sad that we won't be back to DL for 2-3 years if we do. I know I would have fun at WDW, but I love DL!

You are going to have way, way too much fun to be missing anything!!!

Enjoy DL---they are two completely different experiences. Both are worth every penny!

I love DLC

It is easy to walk between parks and Downtown Disney and also to and from most hotels.

I think the characters have more time for guests, they remembered us each time we went.

The princesses can be seen throughout the day at California adventure, my girls were on first name terms!

The brother bear area in CA is great with a climbing wall ect.

Saying that WDW is good too just slightly different.

We just got back at the end of November from our first ever DL trip. The only regret I had was that I missed WDW for the Christmas holiday. Any other time of year I wouldn't have cared. I missed MVMCP and the CP.

It is wonderful to not step on a bus, monorail or boat. There were some great new rides to try. I think you are going to love it! We liked it so much that we upgraded to annual passes in the hope that we can squeeze in another trip back this summer! Even with a week we felt we didn't see everything.

KPeterso said:
I agree with what others have said. Also there is Star Tours, a little MGM for you. And Pirates and Small World are so much better at DL than WDW (at least that is my opinion). While not Dinosaur, the Indiana Jones ride uses the same type of ride vehicle, but is better in my opinion than Dinosaur. And there is a roller coaster at DCA that is the same sort of whip type one as the one in AK in Dinoland (am totally blanking on the name).

The rollercoaster is Mullholland Madness.

DL is my "home" park and I love it, but I also love WDW! The first time going to WDW-MK, though, was like being in an alternate universe! There are such differences in the 2 parks, but yet, they are the same. It took a couple of visits to MK to get used to it and love it for itself! I would guess you might have the same reaction to DL park. The nice thing about the DLR is that everything is within walking distance. If you've been to Universal Orlando, I would compare it to that-the hotels, parks & Downtown Disney are all connected to each other. I think you will enjoy it! :)

There's several differences. DL's looks like a southern plantation house (fitting since it's in New Orlean's Square). Also, in one stretching room the ceiling goes up and the other the floor goes down. That's just for starters.

MAMA22,

EPCOT was given SOARIN from Disney's California Adventure as their contribution for the 50th. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter