• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going to Disneyland DEC 29th!!!

Warlock128

Mouseketeer
I cant wait! I hope it doesnt rain, it ruined our trip last year on the 29th. Hope it at the most its just cloudy.

Can someone post up some info about going on the 29th? Good and bad? Disney secrets and tips to help get the most of my disney experience?

I cant wait! no sleep til then ! :earseek: :cheer2:

I hope you have a great time!! You should be fine as far as rain goes. It's supposed to be warm next week (80 degrees on Christmas!). Keep in mind though, the nights are cool - sometimes in the 50's/40's in the Anaheim area even when the days are warm during this time of year.

I would try to get there as early as possible because it is going to be B-U-S-Y. Even though the 29th is a Thursday, it's smack dab in the middle of the busiest week of the year. And the crowds are already much larger than usual because of the 50th. I think you should also try to come up with an itinerary for the day, keep in mind what you want to see the most and try to get fast passes for your fave rides early in the day. :earsgirl:

Any other tips i can have? locations of all 50 mickeys around the park?
Cool easter eggs like the eeyore on indiana jones?
How can i get the card reader for indiana jones? like the ones they used to pass out when the ride first came out to decrypt the symbols on the wall.
Arent there some rides that are NOT linked together on the fast pass system? letting me get multiple fast passes at a time?

Also, if i cant find any tickets online so i can order them and have them here the LATEST by Wednesday the 28th, i want to be in the park by 730am so when it opens at 8am, i can enjoy my disney day. Whats the best time to buy tickets at the door if thats my last option?

Leaving at 5am tomorrow morning and getting there around 7am so i can get in line and buy tickets and such so we can get in at 8am sharp and eat and get our fastpasses and such.

I know the park opens at 8am, but what time do they let you go in main St. USA? dont they open that earlier and make you wait at main st. before you enter the main park?

Any last minute tips you guys and gals can give me before my trip tomorrow so i may further enjoy my disney trip?

Thx

They only open mainstreet early if the park opening is 9am or later.
otherwise EE days are the only time you can get in before the posted times.
Location of hidden mickeys I saw somewhere, check google.
not sure about easter eggs or the card reader.
About fastpasses Roger Rabbit and GRR are not connected in the parks.
Offering Fp's in DL are Space, Splash, Indy, Buzz, Thunder Mt, Haunted, Autopia (I think), Star Tours Fp's weren't running when I was there, and Space was on the fritz a bit so make sure to get a FP for it so if it is shut down you can come back. Upon entering the park, I would snag FP's for space and hit Matterhorn (no FP) or Star Tours, then grab a FP for splash and ride Pirates and Jungle Cruise than snag another FP for Indy etc.... If you get thru the gate ASAP you should be able to get FP's every 45min early in the day...
Alternatively if you want to ride PeterPan get there first thing.

Have a great time tomorrow but be prepared for huge crowds! I know they have closed DL gates to new admissions for the last several days so would anticpate the same thing tomorrow. Once you get into DL, don't plan on leaving. Can't figure out how to post the IJ decoder so I will try to PM it to you. Have fun!

sierranevada said:
I know they have closed DL gates to new admissions for the last several days so would anticpate the same thing tomorrow.

As of what time? i will get there around 8 or so and get in line to buy my tickets.Hopefully they wont be sold out before opening? I doubt itll be that bad. but thx for the tips everyone. ill check the thread one more time in the morning when i wake up before i take off. :Pinkbounc

Warlock128 said:
As of what time? i will get there around 8 or so and get in line to buy my tickets.Hopefully they wont be sold out before opening? I doubt itll be that bad. but thx for the tips everyone. ill check the thread one more time in the morning when i wake up before i take off. :Pinkbounc

The closure has usually been early afternoon - although they have the "Disneyland is Full" signs by the freeway up by 10 am. If you are there by 8, you should be okay.

Just got back, man im beat. Ill post the story sometime up tomorrow. man , what madness...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter