Going to Disney with a 3-year-old that isn't ours, any tips?

Riss

Mouseketeer
My family will be doing a 4-night Disney cruise and a 4-night stay in Disney World's AoA Finding Nemo Suite in September and we are going to be taking a child that we babysit along with us. When we go he'll be just a month shy of his 3rd birthday.

My family, the adults in the party, consist of my parents, who will be 49 and 51 the time we go, and us, their four grown children, 24 (me), 23, 21, and 19. The child that we are taking, like I mentioned above, is not ours but is a child that we have been babysitting ever since he has been around 6 months old. Therefore he is comfortable with us and we know his likes and dislikes and all of the other important information like health concerns and medications.

I know that for the cruise there's going to be a paper that we have to sign for Disney's purposes regarding a child that you are not the guardians of, for purposes of like grandparents, but I don't think that there is one for Disney World itself? His mother is going to be getting him a passport as well for the cruise and we're going to have a paper signed and notarized because he's going to be going on a plane with us as well.

But, I was just wondering if anyone had any general information or experience of taking a child on a trip without their parents, and any kind of advice that would or could potentially apply to our situation.

I would ask for his medical insurance card and a signed and notarized letter from his mother giving you permission to seek medical or emergency treatment.

You may want a copy of his birth certificate too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter