Going to Aulani in December

CEK40

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post this but here goes. My daughter is getting married at Aulani in December 2012. :) We will be traveling from VA (Norfolk area) to Hawaii. I was wondering if some of you that have traveled from the east coast could give me your reviews of the airlines that you took? :confused3

I know we can take Delta from Norfolk to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Hawaii. Have never flew anywhere other than to WDW on Southwest once 25 years ago on Delta.

There will be probably 6 adults and a 2 year old and a 1 year old (my grandchildren) traveling from Norfolk, but we all will not come home together.

The only others traveling to Hawaii will be coming from Northern VA and one from Savannah, GA.

Your suggestions, reviews and tips especially traveling with little ones will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance. :thumbsup2

CK in VA

I flew from FL to HI last year and took American. My first stop was in Chicago, and then from there went to HI. I flew my cats over (we moved here) the day before and flew them on Continental and their layover was at Fort Worth, TX, which I would have preferred over Chicago. But not sure about VA. If you can find a flight that would get you to the halfway point for a layover I'd recommend that.

If you get a chance drive on the road that goes along the westside of the island, till the road ends at the beach, you can take a hike along the ocean that ends at an Albatros Nesting Santuary, beautiflul hike and cool spot to see.

What a fabulous place to get married! Thought I might bump this up. I'm still waiting til they start booking for February. I'm reading through trip reports, wearing a Hilo Hattie hawaiian shirt. LOL

Thought I'd bump this post up.

I hope to travel to Aulani next Spring, also from the East Coast (NC), and like OP most of my flying has been to Orlando or South Florida.

I'd also be interested in any information and recommendations more "experienced" travelers have on traveling to Hawaii. We will also have a young child in our party (2 1/2 yr old DGD).

The flights I "think" I would prefer are from Raleigh to Dallas and Dallas to Honolulu, but the thought of being on a plane for 8+ hours is scary:scared1:

Would a second stop on the West coast be better?

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter