Going solo to Disneyland Paris!!!

DocRafiki

<font color=teal>Really is a doc!<br><font color=d
I'm ecstatic to be going to DLP, but I'm so worried that I'll be sad that I'm there alone. I'm joining a group tour for the rest of my trip, but DLP is solo. I figure it will be no big deal since I go to WDW by myself every once in a while. But, at the end of the day, I get to come home. I'm worried I'll feel lonely in a foreign country day after day.

What are the chances I could find someone on here who could meet me for a dinner? And who's going to take pictures of me in front of the castle???? I wish there were a good DLP message board (I know about the one here) that had a good local audience.

Wah! Am I going to be too nervous to enjoy myself????

edited to change my worried face to a happy face -- how could I possibly frown about going to DLP???:bounce:

Hello.
My tip would be:go to the www.dlp-guide.com site and to their forum and post your question there.That way,you have a chance to get in touch with lots of folks from Europe that might be at dlp the same time you will.
But I´m sure,you will enjoy your visit anyway.
Have fun
Conny:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'd say I'll join you for dinner, but I'm already going to WDW for 2 weeks, so I won't be going to DLRP any time soon. Going solo as well btw. But I agree with Conny, go to the guidebook forum and you might be able to meet. I've met a few of them and it was always a great experience. Are you visiting any countries besides France?

Wow, how exciting! I don't know that I'll EVER get to go there- solo or not- sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you meet up with others so you won't feel lonely. :)

Ooh thanks for the link! I'll go check it out! If I meet someone on there, I will owe you BIG time!

European-- aw, shucks. Yes, I'm also going to England and considering adding Italy. Who knows when I will have a chance to go back?

DocRafiki

Hi Jen.....wow, your gonna have a great time.....I've always wanted to do what you are about to embark on.

It's funny..I had no problem deciding to go to Orlando Disney
solo from 9/3 - 9/11, but when I thought about Paris I too
really wondered if I'd enjoy it solo.

Have a great trip...looking forward to seeing how you enjoyed
it. Also what the difference may be.

Have fun......

<b> Jen</b>, you might want to post over on the DLP Board also.

Sorry, I can't help you, but please post how it goes. I'd love to go to DLP and it would be solo. DH's company headquarters is in Paris, and he's promised to take me sometime when he has work there and just drop me off at DLP on the way. Let us know where you stay, how the resturaunts are, any tips you have for solos there.

Jen, that is so exciting. You will have to take lots of photos and share them with us. Oooh, and write a trip report too.

You could also post to the UK community board and see if any of the Brits are planning a trip to DLP at the same time. Perhaps you could share a meal with a UK DISer.

Wish I could go.

Oh wow, how exciting! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic trip! Think of all the extra time you can spend taking pictures and notes for us poor souls stuck at home since you'll be alone! :D

Jen,
I did Disneyland Paris solo. I think you will be fine. It is probably a good place to do as your first Europe solo experience. English was very widely spoken and you do feel at home since it is Disney!

DLP is the only place I have my picture in front of the castle. I just asked a CM selling stuff to do it and she was very nice. (Just a side note... does Disney have camera classes. I mean CMs get about a dozen different cameras a day and they always seem to know which button to push! LOL!)

You're going to have a FANTASTIC time! I took myself to DLP for my 50+ birthday (the last two days of a 1-month tour of Europe). I stayed at Sequoia after it was rebuilt from the fire...Fantastic hotel (like WL). I remember some very specific incidents...The park looked "different" in a subtly European way, the CMs had an almost universal ability to confuse left and right, Space Mountain included loops and a whoosh of a takeoff, everyone I talked to was surprised I was alone, the washers/dryers in Europe are very strange...beware...., I was surprised at how much more I spoke to strangers and did uncharacteristic things...birdie let out of cage syndrome, I guess, I took lots of pics of other guests..esp their kids (after asking, of course). Met many vacationing Americans that way...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter