going solo but booked Oga’s party of two

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
Just in case I wind up meeting up with other disers or someone I know ... I reserved Oga’s for two people. If I show up alone, is that ok? And do you think it would be weird? I go to restaurants alone, but this seems more like a bar ...

Totally fine. Not weird at all.

We were at a standing table at Oga’s and we had a nice chat with a solo traveller at our table.

Stand at the bar. Chat with your bartender. Make friends with your neighbors. My friend and I met a solo traveler and, for the duration of our visit, it was like all three of us were old friends.

Im solo female from Ireland. I did Ogas twice at the start of July 2019 and I cant wait to return in 2020.

At the host stand request at the bar. My first visit I was at a standing table and I was put with a group of 2 and a group of 3. My table mates just talked to themselves, however I'm one of those people who does not like to be ignored so I made them talk to me a few times, but it was obvious they didn't like chatty cathy being at their table. Also I didn't have much interaction with the server, as he was also serving other tables.

The second time I was assigned at the bar and it was a much better experience. I had great interaction with the bar tender and a great conversation with a mother and her adult daughter.

Order both drinks together, that way you can drink at your own pace and you don't have to waste time getting the bar tenders attention and the whole palavar of ordering a drink.

Also when you finish your drinks and are ready to , have a walk around and take photos. Just be aware that when you do leave your spot at the bar, the CM's will fill it quickly , so you cant go back.

As a solo I don't usually go to bars on my own, but this was a very different experience. I felt comfortable here and can't wait to go back.

It's totally fine. We showed up with 2 for an ADR for 7 after most of our group bailed on us and didn't have a problem.

Just in case I wind up meeting up with other disers or someone I know ... I reserved Oga’s for two people. If I show up alone, is that ok? And do you think it would be weird? I go to restaurants alone, but this seems more like a bar ...
I was on my own for my visit and it was fine. Normal bar scene, you can def chat with folks nearby if you want and the bartenders are nice.

I went solo twice in October. Not stationed at the bar either time, but at standing tables. Some nearby groups are more chatty than others, but I did not feel awkward. (But I have done many solo trips and have gotten over that feeling completely.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!