Going June 22nd....help

pfanny37

Earning My Ears
Hello,
We are DW vets who will be making our first visit to DL this year. I mistakenly thought SWGE would be opening in July when we booked, but best guesses seem to have it opening right about the time we arrive. We are planning on getting Max Pass, and I am an avid planner (got that from going to DW). Will both parks be swamped, or will most of the traffic be headed to Star Wars? Will the plans I'm gathering still be applicable, or will the crowds be so excessive that I should try other strategies. Any input would be helpful. I know Cars probably wasn't as big of a deal, but I'd be interested if anyone had suggestions based on that.

TIA

I think you will have a hard time getting into the park, but once you’re in and not going to Star Wars you’ll be fine. You might need to do more DCA this trip unfortunately!

IF SWL is open by then both parks will be swamped. Crazy swamped. But it is what it is so get your dining reservations 60 days out, be there at rope drop, you’re already getting MP and go with the flow. If you’re not interested in SWL that will take some stuff off your plate. But, if you’re thinking people will hit SWL and leave? Absolutely not. Disneyland tickets are way too expensive for that. And while DL will be the focus this year Cars Land, GOTG, WOC (if they ever fix it) and PTN (if it comes back this summer) will draw people into that park as well.

IF SWL is open by then both parks will be swamped. Crazy swamped. But it is what it is so get your dining reservations 60 days out, be there at rope drop, you’re already getting MP and go with the flow. If you’re not interested in SWL that will take some stuff off your plate. But, if you’re thinking people will hit SWL and leave? Absolutely not. Disneyland tickets are way too expensive for that. And while DL will be the focus this year Cars Land, GOTG, WOC (if they ever fix it) and PTN (if it comes back this summer) will draw people into that park as well.

100% correct observation !!!!! A professor from New York said egress will be the number one problem with SWGE.

Thanks. We are avid rope droppers, so hopefully we'll be able to get a lot in while the rush is headed to SWGE. How early before opening would you suggest getting there?

Thanks. We are avid rope droppers, so hopefully we'll be able to get a lot in while the rush is headed to SWGE. How early before opening would you suggest getting there?

At least an hour- if not more. Get through security and get cozy with some star bucks.

future research here will give you the best answer....is there a line for SWGE only? is camping going to be allowed for SWGE? what is security going to be like for SWGE? will the parking garage open earlier ? many variables to consider.......I don't think the standard 45 mins I arrive before opening, 12-18 folks/wo Starbucks return in front of me....is going to be good advice.

and the Crush to Swge...you have to add a capital C in front of that word ... is probably not going to change how the mornings look......unless all the uninformed visitors just give up on SWGE and add to the crowding of the other lands. You have to research which land you want to enter, what is available at rope drop and weakness of each land....as in Tomorrowland has very little offerings and is not morning attractive, whereas ROA area has many offerings, very nice in the morning but not all offerings are ready for boarding.....and the CRUSH of folks to SWGE will have to travel the path to the ROA area to enter SWGE....but by then you will know how much Disney and Anaheim policing is being done in that area.

That’d be really awesome if PTN came back this summer, my family loved it! I didn’t know that was even a possibility.

That’d be really awesome if PTN came back this summer, my family loved it! I didn’t know that was even a possibility.
General consensus is it's a possibility because the parade itself still exists, it's just been refurbed/in storage. Disney hasn't made any announcements one way or the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter