Going in May - take a look at my plans

floydfamily4

DIS Veteran
The planning continues! It is almost time to book FP's and I am looking for a little feedback on my planning. Any thoughts are appreciated. Trying to balance getting the must do's done while being reasonable with late nights and early mornings. It will be me, DH, aunt, and the 13 year old twins.

Can’t miss at Disney/General schedule

Friday: arrive; get settled; shop; swim

Saturday: Magic Kingdom * Rope Drop *Start Fast passes at11:00am
• Peter Pan
• Seven Dwarf’s mine train
• Space Mountain
• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
• Buzz Light Year
• Splash Mountain
• Dumbo
• Haunted Mansion
• Hall of Presidents
• Wishes fireworks

Sunday: Animal Kingdom * Rope Drop *be there by 7:30am for FOP
• Safari
• Expedition Everest
• FOP
• Dinosaur
• Navi River
• See tree of life
• See D’Vine
• Lion King show
• Nemo show

Monday: Epcot *start later – 2pm?
• Soarin’
• Test Track
• Mission Space
• See Chinese acrobats
• Pick a Pearl in Japan
• Operation Doof-busters
• Night show?

Tuesday: Magic Kingdom * rope drop * leave by 4pm to swim and relax
• Finish any must do’s from Saturday

Wednesday: Disney Hollywood Studios *Start at 2pm and stay through closing
• Star Tours
• TSMM
• Tower of Terror
• Launch Bay Star Wars Stuff
• RnR coaster
• Galactic Night show

Thursday: Whichever park we feel we need to return. Plan FP’s for each park?

Are there any characters that you want to meet? Are you planning around any sit-down meals or just quick service lunch/dinners?

MK can have you running all over the park. I recommend planning to walk down Mainstreet, then do the center part of Fantasyland, followed by Adventureland and Frontierland. Then ride the train over to the circus area and walk back up through the rest of Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. We usually do all of the rides in Tomorrowland in the evening, but you can swap this and finish over by Splash/BTMRR. No matter how hard we try, we never manage to leave MK before closing! We could easily spend 3 full days there. Touring plans puts together a lot of resources and might be a great option for you to make sure you FP the right stuff and see what you want in the time you have allotted. You can specialize your plans to arrive late some days and prioritize or skip certain attractions.

HS has two night shows - Fantasmic! and the Star Wars Fireworks. Both are great but have different target audiences. Fantasmic is still my kids' favorite night time show. At AK, I love seeing the Tree of Life light up and come to life throughout the evening, but Rivers of Light was meh. Illuminations at Epcot is worth seeing once for the lasers and effects.

My kids love some of the EPCOT future world stuff you have skipped-- The Seas is a nemo ride through a huge Aquarium; Living with the Land is a cool boat ride through hydroponic gardens (Behind the Seeds is a fun/cheap tour going behind the scenes here); Journey through the imagination with Figment is usually a walk-on and the imagination play area at the end is worth 10 minutes. We all love seeing the Pixar shorts. Best of all, none of these need a FP! I usually book a FP for Spaceship Earth for whatever time we want to arrive--the power city game at the end is a must-do! Character spot here is the easiest/fastest way to meet Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy on a Tier 2 FP or about 35 min wait. If you have a Disney Visa, you can visit the private Meet and Greet near the Imagination Pavilion.

Happy to answer any questions!

Just so you know wishes isn’t at mk anymore. It’s now happily ever after which is still a fantastic show. We always rd fantasyland at mk but it honestly depends on which rides you have a FP for. We usually FP 7dmt, space, and splash so Peter Pan is a good rope drop ride. Make sure you have time for characters because that’s one of our favorite things at mk!

For your ak day, does it open at 8 or 9? If it opens at 8 and you are getting there at 7:30 I would say that’s too late. If it opens at 9 then you should be good.

Are there any characters that you want to meet? Are you planning around any sit-down meals or just quick service lunch/dinners?

MK can have you running all over the park. I recommend planning to walk down Mainstreet, then do the center part of Fantasyland, followed by Adventureland and Frontierland. Then ride the train over to the circus area and walk back up through the rest of Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. We usually do all of the rides in Tomorrowland in the evening, but you can swap this and finish over by Splash/BTMRR. No matter how hard we try, we never manage to leave MK before closing! We could easily spend 3 full days there. Touring plans puts together a lot of resources and might be a great option for you to make sure you FP the right stuff and see what you want in the time you have allotted. You can specialize your plans to arrive late some days and prioritize or skip certain attractions.

HS has two night shows - Fantasmic! and the Star Wars Fireworks. Both are great but have different target audiences. Fantasmic is still my kids' favorite night time show. At AK, I love seeing the Tree of Life light up and come to life throughout the evening, but Rivers of Light was meh. Illuminations at Epcot is worth seeing once for the lasers and effects.

My kids love some of the EPCOT future world stuff you have skipped-- The Seas is a nemo ride through a huge Aquarium; Living with the Land is a cool boat ride through hydroponic gardens (Behind the Seeds is a fun/cheap tour going behind the scenes here); Journey through the imagination with Figment is usually a walk-on and the imagination play area at the end is worth 10 minutes. We all love seeing the Pixar shorts. Best of all, none of these need a FP! I usually book a FP for Spaceship Earth for whatever time we want to arrive--the power city game at the end is a must-do! Character spot here is the easiest/fastest way to meet Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy on a Tier 2 FP or about 35 min wait. If you have a Disney Visa, you can visit the private Meet and Greet near the Imagination Pavilion.

Happy to answer any questions!
Thanks for responding! I think I want to meet some characters but it's not that critical. We haven't been to WDW for 8 years so I am really looking forward to seeing the things that weren't there or that my kids were too little for last time. I remember my DH looking at me at MK and saying "we need a plan - this is crazy" so yes, I need to figure out a strategy of attack for MK. I totally forgot about the Land with all the vegetation ride and the aquarium. We do have a Disney Visa so I'm looking forward to the private M&G. We might need to make time for the character spot with a FP. My son loves Star Wars so I want to be there for the galactic nights show but I think we can do it in a half day. Thanks again for responding!

Just so you know wishes isn’t at mk anymore. It’s now happily ever after which is still a fantastic show. We always rd fantasyland at mk but it honestly depends on which rides you have a FP for. We usually FP 7dmt, space, and splash so Peter Pan is a good rope drop ride. Make sure you have time for characters because that’s one of our favorite things at mk!

For your ak day, does it open at 8 or 9? If it opens at 8 and you are getting there at 7:30 I would say that’s too late. If it opens at 9 then you should be good.
Thanks for responding! I am really thinking about which characters are a must meet :hyper2:

Thanks for responding! I am really thinking about which characters are a must meet :hyper2:
We just took our niece (age 9) and before we went I just went through and asked which she would like to meet at each park. There were some I wanted to meet and she didn’t but she ended up loving each character anyway lol

There is also a Disney Visa photo op at HS. I think it is usually with Kylo Ren from 11am-4pm in Launch Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter