Going in December, have a few questions:

Pacolovestacos

DIS Veteran
1) The December park hours aren't out yet. But if any of you have looked at previous schedules before, what are the typical hours in early December?

2) Is Newport Bay considered the 2nd best hotel behind Disneyland hotel?

3) Which rides are considered "crazy." The ones I've seen so far are Space Mtn and Aerosmith. Any others?

4) What are your food recommendations? I may try for Walt's one evening.

1) If I remember rightly I think the park usually closes around 7pm with Studios closing at 6pm. They open later on the weekends though (10pm for DL I think).

2) I'm not sure, I think it's usually the Hotel New York.

3) Can't help you there because i'm a bit of a wimp haha.

4) For counter service you definitely want to check out Hakuna Matata, the opening times will be infrequent when you visit though.

1) As above

2) In theory it would be the New York, but I've had a few people say how it is in need of a refurbishment desperately!

3) For me, I'd add Tower of Terror

4) Foodwise, it really depends what you are after? Personally, a trip to Disney isn't complete without a trip to Plaza Gardens

1) See above

2) I believe they are classified as 1) Disneyland Hotel, 2) Hotel New York, 3) Newport Bay Club, 4) Sequoia Lodge, 5) Hotel Cheyenne, 6) Hotel Sante Fe. I've seen a number of reports recently that Hotel NY is way overdue for the renovation that is scheduled to start later this year.

3) In addition to those above you might add Crush Coaster (a little more intense than you might expect) and Big Thunder which is the best version of that attraction ever built.

4) I found food challenging in my most recent visits this spring. For table service I can highly recommend Walts at Disneyland Park, and Bistrot Chez Rémy at Disney Studios. I had lunch at both during my visit in late May and thoroughly enjoyed both. I found myself extremely disappointed with most counter service in the parks. the only one I found that I liked was Cowboy Cookout Barbecue but that can be a really personal taste thing. I just found counter service food really lacking throughout the parks.

2) Since the refurb, the Newport Bay is definitely second. The upgrade to the Compass Club is definitely worth it. The Sequoia Lodge is also very nice, and at Christmas a definite favourite - their fireplace in the bar is wonderful... The Hotel New York is a great hotel but it's closing soon for an extensive refurb which it definitely needs.

3) I'd say Space Mountain (haven't tried the new version Hyperspace Mountain but I'm sure is as intense as before), RnRC, Tower of Terror, Crush Coaster, RC Racer. Big Thunder Mountain is not too intense but it's definitely the best ride around. The Indiana Jones rollercoaster is also fun.

4) For table service: Walt's, Bistrot Chez Remy, the Steakhouse. For quicker meals and usually good burgers, there's the Lucky Nugget and the Cafe des Cascadeurs. For buffets: Agrabah Cafe is our favourite, but Plaza Gardens is also very good (don't bother with the buffet in the Studios, the Restaurant des Stars). Counter service: Hakuna Matata, Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, Toad Hall. If you head out to the Disney Village, Vapiano has really nice fresh Italian food.

Crush's Coaster I believe gets extremely busy. I don't like it so it never affects me

Bistro Chez Remy is fab but slow! It took us 2 hours to get all three courses there in January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter