Going for 5 days -- which ticket package or annual pass to get?

DisneyPigFan

Mouseketeer
So I plan to be at Universal in about 2 weeks -- staying 4 nights at a hotel near the entrance. So I'll be there for 3 full days, and parts of 2 others. So, up to 5 park days. Earliest I could be inside the parks on my first day is maybe slightly 12PMishhh, if they aren't already at capacity.

So if I aim for 5 days in the parks -- what to get?

Seasonal pass? For 2 parks, that's $304.99 (plus tax). That would cover the entirety of my stay.

It's a shame that can't get me into Volcano Bay though. the seasonal pass, and the next tier, the power pass, have VB blocked out for the entire time I'd be there. I'd have to splurge for the 3-park preferred pass, at a cost of $463.99 (plus tax). That's wayyyy more so I could spend maybe 1 day at Volcano Bay :P But it also comes with no block out days for the two main parks.

If I did get an annual pass, I'd aim to get at least a second trip in within the pass period (15 months).
What would you go with?

If I decided to go into the parks for 4 days instead, would that change your mind as to what I should get? I do see there's a buy 2 days, get 2 free promo. ($334.99 plus tax for all 3 parks, with park to park-- more expensive than a seasonal pass, but would include VB).

We will be there for 5 nights in July and after looking at all the choices I’m going to get all 5 of us the power pass and then buy one day volcano bay tickets. We got a pretty good AP discount for Royal Pacific so I would have had to buy one anyway to get the discount and at least with the AP’s we have the option of coming back. I added up all the different ticket options and there was very little difference in cost. I do wish the power pass came with the food/merch. discounts though. Also, I’ll be waiting to get the VB tickets until we get there so we can chose the best weather day.

Are they offering the bonus 3 months with a season pass or is that just for renewals? If so, I'd consider the season pass of you make an annual trip.

Are they offering the bonus 3 months with a season pass or is that just for renewals? If so, I'd consider the season pass of you make an annual trip.

Yup, good for 15 months. So good through mid-September 2021. I hadn't planned on visiting again within that timeframe, but if I get the pass I will definitely try to get at least one additional quick trip in. But if I don't that's OK too.

Cost of the seasonal annual pass is actually cheaper than the price for park-to-park for 5 days for the 2 main parks.

This all leaves off Volcano Bay entirely, but oh well. Guess that's not really worth the effort. I've been there once before. It was alright.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!