Going alone, this month, should I get the Fantasmic Dinner Package?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
When I've gone before it was always with other family members, and we used the dinner package. I was just wondering if the chances of getting a seat for just myself might be easier, and not worth paying for the package?

I got the Fantasmic dinner package when I went last year (I always visit WDW alone, btw), and I thought it was just great. But then, I'm not one for waiting patiently in line for an hour or hour and a half to snag a seat.

I got the least expensive package, for Hollywood & Vine, and enjoyed the buffet a great deal. Then, about thirty minutes before the show, I went and got my seat.

I thought it was money well spent. But I understand that if it rains and they cancel Fantasmic, you are out of luck and have just bought a really expensive meal...

With all the rain FL has been experiencing, that's a definite factor to take into consideration!

I've booked myself a package in October. I figure, it's a 48 hour cancel policy, I'll have a decent idea of the weather 2 days in advance.
Last year I saw Fantasmic twice without the package waited over an hour and a half the first night and barely got a seat with a 45 minute wait the second night.
I lov this show and may only have one chance to see it this trip, so I don't want to chance not getting a seat.

Deb

Thank you for your replies.
I think I will book the package, better safe than sorry. And I really do not want to waste my park time waiting in the Fantasmic line.

A while back someone posted a trip report (I think) and mentioned how they simply went to the show when it began and stood in a standing room only section. Why would that be less comfortable than standing in line for a ride? This way there is no dinner / rainout or waiting / seating hassle. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I will only view Fantasmic if I have the dinner package. Mama Melrose is an excellent place to eat if you do the package. Very nice to solo diners. I just ate there last week and was impressed at being seated very quickly and receiving wonderful attention from the server, even though I was solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter