goin solo!

tigger71

Earning My Ears
:bounce: might be booking my trip for this friday or sunday for 4 days :Pinkbounc
Has anyone else gone to disney solo? Tell me about it.

Is anyone going soon by themselves?

I need a vacation! So y not disney?

Hi there! I travel to WW solo alot and have a great time! :) However, in order to get more responses to your question, I'm going to transfer this over to the Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers board. Please check there for further replies. Thanks! :)

I've been to Disney World lots of times with other people but in Nov. I went by myself and it was great. I did what I wanted, when I wanted and ate where I wanted. It's always fun to go with others but you usually end up doing some things you would just as soon skip because someone else wanted to do them. When your by yourself you make all the choices. And I didn't miss having someone with me because people at Disney are always enjoying themselves and in a great mood. I always had someone to visit with while waiting in line or riding the bus. It was wonderful. I spent one day going to all the resorts. Something I had always wanted to do but never had the time. I went to the restaurants that I wanted to. Some of them were never on the schedule before because of the menu or the price or the time involved. This time no one disagreed with me about where to eat. Just go for it and have a wonderful time.

I went with my husband, however due to his business meetings he was unable to visit any of the theme parks with me... I went solo and had a great time! Took the bus from the Carribean beach resort. What I found amusing is when waiting in line for a ride the CM would yell out...'how many' and I'd say 'one', and 90% of the time I would get on the ride before the multiples..

Get to do whatever you want, when you want and I think I got to see a lot more solo and notice things than when taking care of kids, others needs etc. Not to sound selfish, but I enjoyed my solo experience.

Go for it and have fun!!

Tigger71, I am taking my first solo trip to Disney in December,, and I'm really looking forward to it. As Pennylynn stated, it will be nice to do things I want to do, when I want to do them. My vacation falls in December when my office shuts down for two weeks, but none of the rest of the family can get away then. I went on a cruise with four co-workers last year and not only was the cruise terrible, but two of the other women had gotten mad at each other a month before the cruise and were sniping at each other all the time. I've always been in the position of being the peacemaker and going long with what everyone else wants to do, and this way, I only have to answer to myself. I feel very comfortable that WDW is probably one of the safesty areas for a woman alone (as long as you use common street smarts) and be aware of what's going on around you. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Give us a trip report when you get back.

Having been to WDW several times solo, I can tell you it's a blast. You get to do what you want, when you want, go where you want, dine where and when you want. I had planned each day out ahead of time, made ps arrangements, etc. and I usually following these plans, but for some reason this trip was a little different. I kept some of the PS, but ended up splitting the day into 2 and sometimes 3 parks. I would go to the EE park first thing, spend the morning, leave around lunchtime, head back to my resort for a break, then later on head for another park. I found that breaking up the day, kept things refreshing.

When I go solo, I ALWAYS stay on-property for many reasons. I never rent a car, since I don't leave WDW, so by staying in a Disney resort, I use the boats, monorail & buses to get everywhere. I also use common sense while I'm at WDW, both in the parks and at the resort. I always double lock my room door, even if I'm only going to be a minute. I also make sure I am secure in my surroundings. I never take too much money with me to the parks. Usually a little cash & my room key. Less to lose. I usually bring a book with me too. It breaks up the time while waiting for a show to start, while standing in line or while dining. I find that the CM's are very friendly when they notice you are solo. Make sure you take advantage of the single's line on Test Track. MUCH MUCH faster than the fast pass or regular line. Road it 5 times in a row on my last trip. I found myself taking more time to absorb the parks and the architecture. At AK for instance, I took a nice quiet walk around the Tree of Life looking at all of the animals carved into it. Most people don't bother and it is a really quiet walk and you can hear the soft music in the background. Another solo plus is being able to dine where and when you want. This past trip I had the chance to try several new places. When you go with young nephews and nieces, it's great, but they really don't want to sit for long durations, unless there are characters around. You've got to try Spoodle's at the Boardwalk. VERY GOOD!!! I found wandering around the parks is fun. I also found alot of people tend to strike up a quick conversation while waiting in lines or for a show.

I am planning another trip for October. Hopefully my family will be able to come, but if not, then I'll go solo.

Where are you staying? If you have any questions, drop me a line!

HAVE FUN!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter